SummerFest General Discussion

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Re: SummerFest General Discussion

Post by cruiserlarry » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:19 pm

Ollie (K6JYB) wrote:Business Cards have been created and stickers WILL be available at the event. :D
Ollie gets my vote for the Summerfest "MVP" !!!
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

BlueFJ
Call Sign: N6CJW

Post by BlueFJ » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:19 pm

Sweet! It's always nice to be able to represent while on the trail! :D
Thanks Ollie!
-Craig
N6CJW

'07 FJ Voodoo Blue MT6 CQ UR GY
Mods: 3" OME coilover lift, Trail-Gear sliders, All Pro Skids, Bandi Mount,
Midland 75-822 CB, Yaesu FT-8800R, Lowrance XOG, K&N Air Filter, Baja Rack & Ladder, BFG 285/70R17 AT KO

"Show me a 4X4 that's never seen dirt and I'll show you a poser"

OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:41 pm

BoBoNel wrote:you are the stud-muffin ollie. :twisted: and we'll help you cut stickers if you need help so dont go too crazy!
I appreciate the offer Bobo... But it's not as easy ascutting them out with a pair of scissors. I have a giant plotter with a razor blade on it connected to a computer that plots the stickers from a CAD program onto a roll of material. You then have to cut out each individual sticker from the sheet of material, pull off the border from around the letters, remove the centers of certain letters ("a", "O", etc.), and then apply the transfer tape. It's hard enough to do in good lighting let alon around a fire with a few of Jodi's drinks in you.... :D
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

BoBoNel

Post by BoBoNel » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:19 pm

Ollie (K6JYB) wrote:
BoBoNel wrote:you are the stud-muffin ollie. :twisted: and we'll help you cut stickers if you need help so dont go too crazy!
I appreciate the offer Bobo... But it's not as easy ascutting them out with a pair of scissors. I have a giant plotter with a razor blade on it connected to a computer that plots the stickers from a CAD program onto a roll of material. You then have to cut out each individual sticker from the sheet of material, pull off the border from around the letters, remove the centers of certain letters ("a", "O", etc.), and then apply the transfer tape. It's hard enough to do in good lighting let alon around a fire with a few of Jodi's drinks in you.... :D
nope...we wont be cuttin out stickers! :) wish i was able to help you ollie. thanks for your efforts. if you dont have any for us..........dont sweat it....we'll just throw sticks and stones at you for a short amount of time...and there will be no tar and feathers so you're ok.
G-4!!!!
Trail Mom

gon2srf

Post by gon2srf » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:17 pm

In an earlier post someone mentioned bringing along a large load of firewood, is that still happening? If not then as a reminder, everyone should try to bring along a small bundle if possible. Thanks.

Woohoo. Gettin' closer.
Image_Image_Image

Frogeye
Call Sign: KI6LHP

Post by Frogeye » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:51 am

I'm scheduled to install my Lucrum LLS this Monday. IF it is on and working by Friday I'll make the drive up on Friday and camp out and I'll be leaving Saturday afternoon after a run. We shall see. Time will tell...
Chris

BoBoNel

Post by BoBoNel » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:30 am

Frogeye KI6LHP wrote:I'm scheduled to install my Lucrum LLS this Monday. IF it is on and working by Friday I'll make the drive up on Friday and camp out and I'll be leaving Saturday afternoon after a run. We shall see. Time will tell...
yeah! hope we see you there!
G-4!!!!
Trail Mom

JESUSGAR

Post by JESUSGAR » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:23 pm

gon2srf wrote:In an earlier post someone mentioned bringing along a large load of firewood, is that still happening? If not then as a reminder, everyone should try to bring along a small bundle if possible. Thanks.

Woohoo. Gettin' closer.

I can bring some for a least one night. :lol:
Is Someone So Smart To Learn From The Mistakes Of Others?

MANUEL
FJC
JK R 4D

gon2srf

Post by gon2srf » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:09 pm

JESUSGAR wrote:
gon2srf wrote:In an earlier post someone mentioned bringing along a large load of firewood, is that still happening? If not then as a reminder, everyone should try to bring along a small bundle if possible. Thanks.

Woohoo. Gettin' closer.

I can bring some for a least one night. :lol:
Thanks Manuel. See you up there.
Image_Image_Image

gon2srf

Post by gon2srf » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:10 pm

Frogeye KI6LHP wrote:I'm scheduled to install my Lucrum LLS this Monday. IF it is on and working by Friday I'll make the drive up on Friday and camp out and I'll be leaving Saturday afternoon after a run. We shall see. Time will tell...
Very sweet!
Image_Image_Image

Return to “2008 OAUSA SummerFest Event (Big Bear)”