SummerFest Run Planning

Cnynrat

SummerFest Run Planning

Post by Cnynrat » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:01 pm

We are looking for volunteers to organize and lead runs or to be tail gunners at SummerFest. We'd like to see runs at a variety of difficulty levels so everyone can find a run that fits their vehicle capabilities and experience level.

I think the best way to organize this is for anyone who wants to volunteer to lead a run to set up a new topic in this forum where people can learn the details of the run and sign up if they are interested. I'm afraid if we try to organize multiple runs in one topic we'll quickly have mass confusion. So if you are interested in leading a run, please create a new topic in this area with a brief description.

I'd suggest you provide the following information about your run:

Trail Name(s)
Date/Time - We should have runs on Friday afternoon, Saturday, and Sunday. 1/2 day or all day runs will work.
Meeting Location - If it's convenient to the trail you are running you might consider using the intersection of 3N09 and 3N16 as a meeting area - it's a big wide open space.
Difficulty/Special Requirements - Difficulty rating and advice about minimum vehicle requirements
Highlights - General description of the run with any interesting highlights

As you think about planning your runs be aware that some popular trails are still closed from the fires last year. These include Holcomb Creek, Butler Peak, and others. Complete information is available on the SBNF website.
Dave
N6DCF

Cnynrat

Re: SummerFest Run Planning

Post by Cnynrat » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:57 pm

So what's up, is anyone planning on running any trails, or are we all just going to hang around camp all day?

Maybe gas is too expensive to actually do any wheeling? :mrgreen:
Dave
N6DCF

gon2srf

Post by gon2srf » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:49 pm

Cnynrat wrote:So what's up, is anyone planning on running any trails, or are we all just going to hang around camp all day?

I plan on doing John Bull and Gold Mountain but didn't post up because I cannot edit the thread sufficiently to post maps, run times, equipment recommendations attendees and keep them up to date, etc.

I'd be more than happy to lead Gold Mountain but I was hoping somebody with 37's and a solid axle would lead JB. :mrgreen:
Image_Image_Image

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:27 am

gon2srf wrote:
Cnynrat wrote:So what's up, is anyone planning on running any trails, or are we all just going to hang around camp all day?

I plan on doing John Bull and Gold Mountain but didn't post up because I cannot edit the thread sufficiently to post maps, run times, equipment recommendations attendees and keep them up to date, etc.

I'd be more than happy to lead Gold Mountain but I was hoping somebody with 37's and a solid axle would lead JB. :mrgreen:
So, basically, you need a Playboy playmate with an older Landcruiser.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

gon2srf

Post by gon2srf » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:31 am

cruiserlarry wrote:
gon2srf wrote:

So, basically, you need a Playboy playmate with an older Landcruiser.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That would be cool! :mrgreen:
Image_Image_Image

Cnynrat

Post by Cnynrat » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:18 am

gon2srf wrote:

Scott - I suggest people start their own thread for any run they want to lead or open up to others. I think you can edit that (or at least your own post). If that doesn't work, let me know and we'll figure something else out.
Dave
N6DCF

OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:36 pm

Cnynrat wrote:
Scott - I suggest people start their own thread for any run they want to lead or open up to others. I think you can edit that (or at least your own post). If that doesn't work, let me know and we'll figure something else out.
I can make the change tonight but right now only moderators or admins can add a thread to this forum.
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

Cnynrat

Post by Cnynrat » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:08 pm

Ollie (K6JYB) wrote:
Cnynrat wrote:
I can make the change tonight but right now only moderators or admins can add a thread to this forum.
Well that may explain why everyone is being so quiet. :D

I'd like to find a way for people who want to volunteer to lead a run can start and edit a planning thread for their own run. If you could make that happen I'd appreciate it!
Dave
N6DCF

OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:11 pm

Cnynrat wrote:
Ollie (K6JYB) wrote:
Cnynrat wrote:
Well that may explain why everyone is being so quiet. :D

I'd like to find a way for people who want to volunteer to lead a run can start and edit a planning thread for their own run. If you could make that happen I'd appreciate it!
Done... Give it a try people... See if you can now create new topics.
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

Cnynrat

Post by Cnynrat » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:16 pm

Ollie (K6JYB) wrote: Done... Give it a try people... See if you can now create new topics.
Thanks Ollie!
Dave
N6DCF

Return to “2008 OAUSA SummerFest Event (Big Bear)”