SummerFest Run Planning

BorregoWrangler

Re: SummerFest Run Planning

Post by BorregoWrangler » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:54 pm

BoBoNel wrote:
cmjrfan8 wrote:
BoBoNel wrote:i'd be interested in doing the scenic run early in the day on saturday....then maybe hitting up a bit more challenging trail afterwards. any ideas braden?
We can hit the trail as early as you and the rest of the folks want to. As for a trail after, I thought we could just wing it. So far, you're the only one to express any interest in doing the scenic run...
i'm really open to anything. scenic would be nice to start out on since i've never been up there besides SKI SEASON so i'd like to see it without all the white stuff around.........afterwards........i'm definately into challenging trails and the only thing i dont want to do is a trail that is VERY DIFFICULT. i'm not into damage these days. i'm just along for the ride and we'll play it by ear for sure! i'll follow you!

YES.........NITE RUN FRIDAY NIGHT! yipppeeee i'm definately down for that! who am i following? :)
This is sounding really great. Be sure to post up when you might want to hit the trail saturday morning. I'll leave home as early as I have to in order to get up there, unload my gear and be ready to wheel. I've never been up there and I'm not locked at all so starting out on a moderate trail and then maybe hittin' up something a bit more challenging later sounds good to me.
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

View all my trip reports here at my blog: GrahamCrackers

BlueFJ
Call Sign: N6CJW

Post by BlueFJ » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:48 pm

I'll be convoying up with Borrego Wrangler, so I'll second that. Just let us know what time the Saturday morning run(s) starts, and we'll plan our ETA around that.
-Craig
N6CJW

'07 FJ Voodoo Blue MT6 CQ UR GY
Mods: 3" OME coilover lift, Trail-Gear sliders, All Pro Skids, Bandi Mount,
Midland 75-822 CB, Yaesu FT-8800R, Lowrance XOG, K&N Air Filter, Baja Rack & Ladder, BFG 285/70R17 AT KO

"Show me a 4X4 that's never seen dirt and I'll show you a poser"

socal_rubi

Post by socal_rubi » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:52 pm

BorregoWrangler wrote:This is sounding really great. Be sure to post up when you might want to hit the trail saturday morning. I'll leave home as early as I have to in order to get up there, unload my gear and be ready to wheel. I've never been up there and I'm not locked at all so starting out on a moderate trail and then maybe hittin' up something a bit more challenging later sounds good to me.
I was thinking of leaving camp for the trail around 8:30 - 9:00. It's about a 20 - 30 minute drive from camp to the trailhead, maybe a little more. If thats too early we can work it out.
2012 Jeep JKUR
Lifted, Locked, and Armored for Rocks
Wheelin Web Site http://www.IronCrossOffroad.com"

"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

ssc

Post by ssc » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:35 pm

It might be a good thing to check the TTORA site to see what trails they are running Sat as well as the times. Also, there is a thread on the blue forum where they are trying to put together a run for Sat as well. It could get crowded on Sat.

Regards, SSC
FJ Mamba. Icon 2.5 front CO XT, Icon rear 2.5 with res, Icon UCA, AP sliders, Demello front bumper, AP Rear Bumper and skids. BFG KM-2 285-70-17. Warn winch. Don't forget the Puddy Cat!

2012 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 with BFG's, 05 4-Runner 4X4, BFG's, http://www.sscphoto.zenfolio.com
The other off road rig, the "License To Chill"

OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:33 pm

I will know early next week what time I will be able to leave San Diego. I'll let you all know.
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

BorregoWrangler

Post by BorregoWrangler » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:26 pm

cmjrfan8 wrote:
BorregoWrangler wrote:This is sounding really great. Be sure to post up when you might want to hit the trail saturday morning. I'll leave home as early as I have to in order to get up there, unload my gear and be ready to wheel. I've never been up there and I'm not locked at all so starting out on a moderate trail and then maybe hittin' up something a bit more challenging later sounds good to me.
I was thinking of leaving camp for the trail around 8:30 - 9:00. It's about a 20 - 30 minute drive from camp to the trailhead, maybe a little more. If thats too early we can work it out.
That's just fine for me. BlueFJ and I can plan our convoy around that.
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

View all my trip reports here at my blog: GrahamCrackers

sdnative

Post by sdnative » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:09 am

Here's the TTORA info page. Cant find a schedule, but it does have some good info.

http://www.ttorasocal.com/bigbear.html

BlueFJ
Call Sign: N6CJW

Post by BlueFJ » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:11 pm

sdnative wrote:Here's the TTORA info page. Cant find a schedule, but it does have some good info.

http://www.ttorasocal.com/bigbear.html
Looks like their drivers meeting is at 9AM Sat.
-Craig
N6CJW

'07 FJ Voodoo Blue MT6 CQ UR GY
Mods: 3" OME coilover lift, Trail-Gear sliders, All Pro Skids, Bandi Mount,
Midland 75-822 CB, Yaesu FT-8800R, Lowrance XOG, K&N Air Filter, Baja Rack & Ladder, BFG 285/70R17 AT KO

"Show me a 4X4 that's never seen dirt and I'll show you a poser"

socal_rubi

Post by socal_rubi » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:49 pm

Here's a shot of the route for Saturday (shown in yellow). It's 13.3 miles O'dirt...

2012 Jeep JKUR
Lifted, Locked, and Armored for Rocks
Wheelin Web Site http://www.IronCrossOffroad.com"

"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

Cnynrat

Post by Cnynrat » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:46 pm

I'd like to see if we could get some separate topics going for each of the runs that are being planned. I think that would make it easier for folks to see what's happening (vs. reading through this 8 page post), and it would give people a place to sign up for each run.

It sounds like we have one pretty definite run on Saturday with Cmjrfan8 as the leader, and a second possible run over towards the trails to the east of the lake (Rattlesnake, Heartbreak Hill, etc.) possibly with SSC as the leader. Assuming you are both up for acting as the leaders of these runs can I ask you each to start a new topic in this section with the details? I would do it, but then you wouldn't be able to edit the post.

SSC, I'm not sure you've explicitly said you are willing to be the leader of that run on Saturday. If you aren't up for that let me know and maybe we can find someone else. Since it sounds like you've spent some time over there your knowledge of the area would be useful to anyone going over there.

If anyone else wants to head up a run, my suggestion is you start a new topic about your run to let people know the details and provide a place to make arrangements beforehand.

Thanks!
Dave
N6DCF

Return to “2008 OAUSA SummerFest Event (Big Bear)”