SummerFest Run Planning

sdnative

Re: SummerFest Run Planning

Post by sdnative » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:09 pm

I'm willing to do 3N34 Dishpan Springs if we get over there. With spotting that is...

OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:14 pm

I normally take a run or two out during these events but I've never been to this area other than to drink beer at the resort. Once I've been somewhere I'll lead the next time... ;)
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

ssc

Post by ssc » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:10 pm

I am happy to lead any run you want me too. Are you only interested in Sat runs or Fri runs as well? I think the Rattlesnake HB etc is a nice run. If everyone wants to do this Sat Great. On fri we were thinking of doing Gold mtn, burnt flats, intro to bull with the option of bull and then Jacoby. I am happy to lead any of these runs. I just thought that with TTORA there on Sat, that they would be less crowded on Fri. If you want me to lead a Sat run as lined out for Fri and do rattlesnake fri I can do that. Let me know which day you are looking for run leaders and which runs you prefer on each day. I intend on being in BB by 10:15 am fri.

Regards, SSC
FJ Mamba. Icon 2.5 front CO XT, Icon rear 2.5 with res, Icon UCA, AP sliders, Demello front bumper, AP Rear Bumper and skids. BFG KM-2 285-70-17. Warn winch. Don't forget the Puddy Cat!

2012 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 with BFG's, 05 4-Runner 4X4, BFG's, http://www.sscphoto.zenfolio.com
The other off road rig, the "License To Chill"

BlueFJ
Call Sign: N6CJW

Post by BlueFJ » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:23 pm

I'm still waiting for someone to post up a moderate to somewhat difficult run for Saturday afternoon. I'd be willing to tail gun something.
-Craig
N6CJW

'07 FJ Voodoo Blue MT6 CQ UR GY
Mods: 3" OME coilover lift, Trail-Gear sliders, All Pro Skids, Bandi Mount,
Midland 75-822 CB, Yaesu FT-8800R, Lowrance XOG, K&N Air Filter, Baja Rack & Ladder, BFG 285/70R17 AT KO

"Show me a 4X4 that's never seen dirt and I'll show you a poser"

Cnynrat

Post by Cnynrat » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:44 am

ssc wrote:I am happy to lead any run you want me too. Are you only interested in Sat runs or Fri runs as well? I think the Rattlesnake HB etc is a nice run. If everyone wants to do this Sat Great. On fri we were thinking of doing Gold mtn, burnt flats, intro to bull with the option of bull and then Jacoby. I am happy to lead any of these runs. I just thought that with TTORA there on Sat, that they would be less crowded on Fri. If you want me to lead a Sat run as lined out for Fri and do rattlesnake fri I can do that. Let me know which day you are looking for run leaders and which runs you prefer on each day. I intend on being in BB by 10:15 am fri.

Regards, SSC
SSC -

Thanks for the reply and thanks for volunteering to lead some runs.

I thought your suggestion to try to avoid the TTORA groups on Saturday by heading over to the east side of the lake for Rattlesnake/HB was a good one. If you could lead a group over there on Saturday I think that would be great.

I also thought that running Gold Mtn, Burnt Flats etc. on Friday before TTORA shows up was a good idea. I think we can be a little less formal on Friday since I'm not sure how many folks will make it up there early, but it would be good to let folks know when and where to meet if they want to be up there in time to catch any runs.

We're also planning to head up to BB Friday AM relatively early, but I'm not sure when we'll be there yet. I'm probably going to want to head over to the campsite and set up a tent and leave some stuff before hitting the trails.
Dave
N6DCF

BoBoNel

Post by BoBoNel » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:15 pm

BlueFJ wrote:I'm still waiting for someone to post up a moderate to somewhat difficult run for Saturday afternoon. I'd be willing to tail gun something.
if you come do the easy scenic run with us in the morning........we'll do something more difficult in the afternooon. we can follow braden. hes game too!
G-4!!!!
Trail Mom

BlueFJ

Post by BlueFJ » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:14 pm

BoBoNel wrote:
BlueFJ wrote:I'm still waiting for someone to post up a moderate to somewhat difficult run for Saturday afternoon. I'd be willing to tail gun something.
if you come do the easy scenic run with us in the morning........we'll do something more difficult in the afternooon. we can follow braden. hes game too!
No if about it, Bobo. I definitely plan on hittin' the scenic morning run! 8-)
-Craig
N6CJW

Midland 75-822 CB, Yaesu FT-8800R, Lowrance XOG, K&N Air Filter, Baja Rack & Ladder, BFG 285/70R17 AT KO

OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:57 pm

I think I've actually convinced my wife to drive up and meet me on Saturday to run with me. :D I need to run some scenic (easy/moderate) stuff with NO crazy shelf-roads. What are my options????
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

sdnative

Post by sdnative » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:37 pm

Ollie (K6JYB) wrote:What are my options????
John Bull. Let her drive. :D

BlueFJ

Post by BlueFJ » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:37 pm

Ollie (K6JYB) wrote:I think I've actually convinced my wife to drive up and meet me on Saturday to run with me. :D I need to run some scenic (easy/moderate) stuff with NO crazy shelf-roads. What are my options????
Come join us on the scenic morning run... http://www.oausa.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=477" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Craig
N6CJW

Return to “2008 OAUSA SummerFest Event (Big Bear)”