SummerFest Run Planning

gon2srf

Re: SummerFest Run Planning

Post by gon2srf » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:11 pm

BlueFJ wrote:
Ollie (K6JYB) wrote:I think I've actually convinced my wife to drive up and meet me on Saturday to run with me. :D I need to run some scenic (easy/moderate) stuff with NO crazy shelf-roads. What are my options????
Come join us on the scenic morning run... http://www.oausa.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=477" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Will she have you wear the, the choke or shock collar? :twisted: Seriously Ollie, that is cool!
Image_Image_Image

gon2srf

Post by gon2srf » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:29 pm

I can't find the proper thread for this Friday's run but FYI, I probably will not make it in time. As I recall there was a 12:00 noon meeting set for the Adventure Center? I have an 8:00am appointment and don't see it ending before 10:00-10:30am.

Was there a CB channel you guys were going to use just in case I almost make it? No HAM here sorry.
Image_Image_Image

sdnative

Post by sdnative » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:31 pm

Here it is:

http://www.oausa.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=480" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CB channel 23 alt 34

I'll PM you my cell # as well.

gon2srf

Post by gon2srf » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:32 pm

sdnative wrote:Here it is:

http://www.oausa.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=480" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CB channel 23 alt 34

I'll PM you my cell # as well.
Thanks Eric, I just found it and was editing my post. :mrgreen:
Image_Image_Image

lbhsbz

Post by lbhsbz » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:45 pm

Well Guys, Braden is out, and he was the only one leading runs on Sat. and Sunday.

If we can't get enough people online tonight, I propose we have a "drivers meeting" Friday night back at camp at say, 8pm, everyone should be there by then, and we can form a plan of action for Saturday and sunday.
86 Yota Hilux turbo, SAS, Detriots, 4.7 crawler gears, Warn M8000, homebuilt armor

Cnynrat

Post by Cnynrat » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:24 pm

lbhsbz wrote:Well Guys, Braden is out, and he was the only one leading runs on Sat. and Sunday.

If we can't get enough people online tonight, I propose we have a "drivers meeting" Friday night back at camp at say, 8pm, everyone should be there by then, and we can form a plan of action for Saturday and sunday.
I was hoping we could organize a run over towards Rattlesnake Canyon on Saturday, but wanted someone who's been there before to be along to help navigate. If that doesn't work out (or even if it does) I'm sure we can do the run that Braden was planning. I've been up that road before, but it's been a long while and the last time I was on a mountain bike.

I'm sure we can work out plans in camp tomorrow night.
Dave
N6DCF

ssc

Post by ssc » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Good news and bad news. It seems like there is something in the water. I am happy to lead a run on Sat. Either an easy run like Braden had planned or off to Rattlesnake. Bad news is I am screwed for my Fri departure. probably will not get up to BB until 6:30. What Happened to Braden?

I will post up on the Fri run. Hope someone else can lead it.

Regards, SSC
FJ Mamba. Icon 2.5 front CO XT, Icon rear 2.5 with res, Icon UCA, AP sliders, Demello front bumper, AP Rear Bumper and skids. BFG KM-2 285-70-17. Warn winch. Don't forget the Puddy Cat!

2012 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 with BFG's, 05 4-Runner 4X4, BFG's, http://www.sscphoto.zenfolio.com
The other off road rig, the "License To Chill"

sdnative

Post by sdnative » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:26 pm

I still plan to be in town around noonish on Friday and want to to a run. If you plan on being there on Friday, let me know and I'll PM you my cell # so we can meet up. Probably do Gold Mountain and then ?

I'm sorry that everyone is dropping out, but you got to take care of business.. Hope to see some of you on Saturday.

sdnative

Post by sdnative » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:14 pm

Dave, I heard you mention on the net tonight about having seats available for those without 4wd vehicles. I'll have 1 maybe 2 seats in mine. I will try to stop by the camp tomorrow before the run to grab anyone that wants to go.

So, who will be in camp? And wat frequency will you be monitoring?

lbhsbz

Post by lbhsbz » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:15 pm

I plan on leaving LA around 6:30 and hopefully arriving at the disco center around 8:30 or so. I'm gonna pick up some forest service maps and go rip around familiarizing myself with the fireroads all morning...I know JB and GM, just not super sure on the roads there and back to camp.

The way I see it, we need the following:

Friday afternoon run (taken care of, leaving the disco center at noon)

Friday nite run, GM and JB, or just JB. After figuring out the fireroads, I'll be ready to lead this one.

Saturday easy scenic run

Saturday more challenging run

Saturday night run..leave camp around 7:30 or 8 after chow, maybe GM and JB but going down the hill....backwards from Friday's night run..we can discuss this during chow on Sat.

Sunday..we need at least a morning run, something sort of fun

I haven't done anything up there except for JB and GM, so after I figure out the access road tomorrow morning, I can lead any runs there whenever. I'd also like to run Dishpan and Rattlesnake, and whatever else is out there...I'm not familiar with the rest of the trails.

Sorry, but I like planning. I'm not to comfortable with packing up for 3 days camping with no real runs planned, and unknown arrival times for a lot of the crowd.

TTORA has their drivers meeting somewhere around 9AM on Saturday, so if we leave an hour or 2 after that, we hopefully wont clog up any trails.....40+ rigs stacked up on a trail sucks...but thats what beer is for....and sammiches.

My Cell is 310-947-7014, and I'll be on channel 23.

i've got an old black toyota PU with a rusty back bumper, can't miss me. If anyone else is headed up early, give me a call and we can meet up and get started with figuring out the runs for the weekend.

I just spend the last week busting ass swapping in a solid axle, getting all new camping gear (didn't really have any), and wiring up more lights than Vegas....I WILL have fun this weekend, one way or another......I hope. LOL

PS: We're bringin Brats, the wife's coleslaw, all the stuff for smores, lots of beer (for me, not the potluck)and all the firewood I could pack in the truck (10 or so chopped up studs)
86 Yota Hilux turbo, SAS, Detriots, 4.7 crawler gears, Warn M8000, homebuilt armor

Return to “2008 OAUSA SummerFest Event (Big Bear)”