SummerFest Run Planning

sdnative

Re: SummerFest Run Planning

Post by sdnative » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:35 pm

I'll be there. Whats the plan?

BoBoNel

Post by BoBoNel » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:26 pm

whos doing/leading moderate runs on saturday? if ya'll go on these radical hardcore runs on friday and saturday.......where do us "not so challenged" drivers end up? i know nothing about BB and its trails. i'm sort of at a loss here.

so i guess.........whos interested in doing easier/moderate runs on saturday? can someone give us ideas as to WHAT TO RUN? i'll start a list i guess of anyone interested in joining the wimpy group. hee hee
G-4!!!!
Trail Mom

JESUSGAR

Post by JESUSGAR » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:36 pm

ssc wrote:I have cleared my morning calander. I can leave for BB in the morning on Fri. So who all is in for runs on Fri?

Regards SSC

Im in by friday.
Is Someone So Smart To Learn From The Mistakes Of Others?

MANUEL
FJC
JK R 4D

sdnative

Post by sdnative » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:40 pm

BoBoNel wrote:whos doing/leading moderate runs on saturday? if ya'll go on these radical hardcore runs on friday and saturday.......where do us "not so challenged" drivers end up? i know nothing about BB and its trails. i'm sort of at a loss here.

so i guess.........whos interested in doing easier/moderate runs on saturday? can someone give us ideas as to WHAT TO RUN? i'll start a list i guess of anyone interested in joining the wimpy group. hee hee

Braden is leading an easy/moderate run on Saturday, mentioned about halfway down page 5.

ssc

Post by ssc » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:32 pm

I plan on leaving Riverside around 9:00am Fri Morning. This will put me in BB around 10:15. If anyone wants to meet up and drive up together let me know and we can set a meeting place. For anyone who is coming from other areas , or who are already in BB, perhaps we can set a time and place to meet and then hit the trails. :D

So what do ya'all say. Who wants to wheel on Fri? :lol:

Regards, SSC
FJ Mamba. Icon 2.5 front CO XT, Icon rear 2.5 with res, Icon UCA, AP sliders, Demello front bumper, AP Rear Bumper and skids. BFG KM-2 285-70-17. Warn winch. Don't forget the Puddy Cat!

2012 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 with BFG's, 05 4-Runner 4X4, BFG's, http://www.sscphoto.zenfolio.com
The other off road rig, the "License To Chill"

StevesKJ
Call Sign: KJ4STV

Post by StevesKJ » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:38 am

sdnative wrote:
ssc wrote: So for Friday it's GM, JC, Burnt Flats, Intro to JB, maybe JB.

Saturday it's explore the area around HR, RC.
Sounds good to me too. I'll be up there Thursday night. We are staying at the Black Forest Lodge. It sure isn't the Northwind, but the price is right. We can meet up there Friday, if you want. It is centrally located in Big Bear Lake (the town) across from McDonalds.

I was up there in June. We ran John Bull one day and Rattlesnake Canyon / Heartbreak Ridge the next. JB has its challenges. Going down may be easier, but there are still a lot of boulders to get around. FWIW, at least going up, my minimum requirement recommendation is 3" lift, 33 tires and at least one locker. Anything less will make it but risk damage.
Rattlesnake Canyon is stock friendly. HR is a side trip and a lift and skid protection is recommended.
BoBoNel wrote:whos doing/leading moderate runs on saturday? if ya'll go on these radical hardcore runs on friday and saturday.......where do us "not so challenged" drivers end up? i know nothing about BB and its trails. i'm sort of at a loss here.
Of the trails mentioned, John Bull is the most difficult. All of the others would be a piece of cake for you.

Can't wait to see you all on the trail.

Steve
Steve
The little Liberty that could - most of the time
KJ4STV, formerly KI6OQC

BoBoNel

Post by BoBoNel » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:49 am

sorry...i didnt see bradens post. i read thru that too fast....speed reading. theres alot of info on this thread!
i'd be interested in doing the scenic run early in the day on saturday....then maybe hitting up a bit more challenging trail afterwards. any ideas braden?

any plans for a friday night run? i love night runs!!!!!!!!!! we'll most likely be up in BB by mid afternoon. i'll miss all your caravans going up friday morning.......i'll be at happy hour thursday night so i'm not planning on waking up too early on friday! :)
G-4!!!!
Trail Mom

lbhsbz

Post by lbhsbz » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:13 pm

Night run sounds good!

Get to try out my new lights!
86 Yota Hilux turbo, SAS, Detriots, 4.7 crawler gears, Warn M8000, homebuilt armor

socal_rubi

Post by socal_rubi » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:27 pm

BoBoNel wrote:i'd be interested in doing the scenic run early in the day on saturday....then maybe hitting up a bit more challenging trail afterwards. any ideas braden?
We can hit the trail as early as you and the rest of the folks want to. As for a trail after, I thought we could just wing it. So far, you're the only one to express any interest in doing the scenic run...
2012 Jeep JKUR
Lifted, Locked, and Armored for Rocks
Wheelin Web Site http://www.IronCrossOffroad.com"

"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

BoBoNel

Post by BoBoNel » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:42 pm

cmjrfan8 wrote:
BoBoNel wrote:i'd be interested in doing the scenic run early in the day on saturday....then maybe hitting up a bit more challenging trail afterwards. any ideas braden?
We can hit the trail as early as you and the rest of the folks want to. As for a trail after, I thought we could just wing it. So far, you're the only one to express any interest in doing the scenic run...
i'm really open to anything. scenic would be nice to start out on since i've never been up there besides SKI SEASON so i'd like to see it without all the white stuff around.........afterwards........i'm definately into challenging trails and the only thing i dont want to do is a trail that is VERY DIFFICULT. i'm not into damage these days. i'm just along for the ride and we'll play it by ear for sure! i'll follow you!

YES.........NITE RUN FRIDAY NIGHT! yipppeeee i'm definately down for that! who am i following? :)
G-4!!!!
Trail Mom

Return to “2008 OAUSA SummerFest Event (Big Bear)”