Summerfest Scenic Run Saturday Aug 23

BoBoNel

Re: Summerfest Scenic Run Saturday Aug 23

Post by BoBoNel » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:10 pm

we'll get you started on the scenic trail then proceed to a more challenging trail. a few scratches add character! :)
G-4!!!!
Trail Mom

socal_rubi

Jaytil, is your FJ bone stock?

Post by socal_rubi » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:56 pm

Just wondering, what does the Trail Teams edition come with that the regular 4WD FJ does not?

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Re: Jaytil, is your FJ bone stock?

Post by cruiserlarry » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:42 pm

cmjrfan8 wrote:Just wondering, what does the Trail Teams edition come with that the regular 4WD FJ does not?
The 08 TT edition has all white paint, all black trim, bilstein shocks / struts, 16" TRD black wheels w/ BFG A/T K/O 265/75R16 tires (5), special badging, billet shifter knobs, TRD catback exhaust, TRD air filter, Hella driving lights.

Looks great in white w/ black....
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

socal_rubi

Post by socal_rubi » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:36 pm

cruiserlarry wrote:
cmjrfan8 wrote:Just wondering, what does the Trail Teams edition come with that the regular 4WD FJ does not?
The 08 TT edition has all white paint, all black trim, bilstein shocks / struts, 16" TRD black wheels w/ BFG A/T K/O 265/75R16 tires (5), special badging, billet shifter knobs, TRD catback exhaust, TRD air filter, Hella driving lights.

OK, but other than that Jaytil's rig is a stock 4WD FJ right. The reason I ask is that I'm trying to decide what trails we could do after the scenic run.

gon2srf

Post by gon2srf » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:01 am

cmjrfan8 wrote:
cruiserlarry wrote:

OK, but other than that Jaytil's rig is a stock 4WD FJ right. The reason I ask is that I'm trying to decide what trails we could do after the scenic run.
Not 100% sure but I thought it came with the Toyota rock rails which are more than adequate.
Image_Image_Image

Jaytil
Call Sign: KJ6BDW

Post by Jaytil » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:34 pm

cmjrfan8 wrote:
cruiserlarry wrote:

Yes, stock 4WD. The TT also has factory skid plates front and rear, rock rails, A-Trac, rear locking diff, . Other additions are factory hitch receiver, bulb upgrades and a Gobi Stealth rack with lights (not wired up yet).

I'd like to do another run in the afternoon, but no scratches allowed yet. I'd also be interested in an easy run at night (maybe the morning run in reverse or is that too boring?).

Jay
2008 FJ TTSE, Icon/Swayaway lift, BFG AT 285s, Bud Built skids, AFE intake, tbs and high-tuck cat back, Gobi Stealth rack, MPAC racks, Powertank, DP dual batt, Hella HIDs, tons 'o PIAA. KJ6BDW

socal_rubi

Post by socal_rubi » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:32 pm

Jaytil wrote:Yes, stock 4WD. The TT also has factory skid plates front and rear, rock rails, A-Trac, rear locking diff, . Other additions are factory hitch receiver, bulb upgrades and a Gobi Stealth rack with lights (not wired up yet).

I'd like to do another run in the afternoon, but no scratches allowed yet. I'd also be interested in an easy run at night (maybe the morning run in reverse or is that too boring?).

Jay
Skid Plates and Rock Rails are for scratching on BIG rocks!!!

OK I'll admit that everyone I know that isn't a 4x4 enthusiast thinks I'm completely nuts for doing what I do with a perfectly good new Jeep, but I can't help it. My Jeep still had that new car smell in it and I was bumping and bashing my way up the rock garden on the trail to Sheeps Canyon, and draging my diffs over big rocks on John Bull. Once you get a taste of what your rig can do you'll be amazed. I would roll up to obsticles and say to my friends, there's no way I'm gonna make it over that. Then they would spot me through it and I was hooked. We'll just have to do the same with you.

I drove the scenic trail today, just to scope everything out, and it's a very mellow trail. I ran the whole thing in 2WD. After we finish there I think we'll go over to Jacoby Canyon so you can run a trail where you'll get to use 4WD. After that we can go mess around in the burnt flats area, and see if we can't get you over some harder stuff. No scratches, I promise!
2012 Jeep JKUR
Lifted, Locked, and Armored for Rocks
Wheelin Web Site http://www.IronCrossOffroad.com"

"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

SteveB

Re: Summerfest Scenic Run Saturday Aug 23

Post by SteveB » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:32 am

Put me down for scenic Saturday morning and whatever in the afternoon.......Thanks, SteveB
SteveB
Its a Ti FJ not a toaster!

Jaytil
Call Sign: KJ6BDW

Post by Jaytil » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:48 pm

cmjrfan8 wrote:
Jaytil wrote:Yes, stock 4WD. The TT also has factory skid plates front and rear, rock rails, A-Trac, rear locking diff, . Other additions are factory hitch receiver, bulb upgrades and a Gobi Stealth rack with lights (not wired up yet).

Jay
Skid Plates and Rock Rails are for scratching on BIG rocks!!!

OK I'll admit that everyone I know that isn't a 4x4 enthusiast thinks I'm completely nuts for doing what I do with a perfectly good new Jeep, but I can't help it. My Jeep still had that new car smell in it and I was bumping and bashing my way up the rock garden on the trail to Sheeps Canyon, and draging my diffs over big rocks on John Bull. Once you get a taste of what your rig can do you'll be amazed. I would roll up to obsticles and say to my friends, there's no way I'm gonna make it over that. Then they would spot me through it and I was hooked. We'll just have to do the same with you.

I drove the scenic trail today, just to scope everything out, and it's a very mellow trail. I ran the whole thing in 2WD. After we finish there I think we'll go over to Jacoby Canyon so you can run a trail where you'll get to use 4WD. After that we can go mess around in the burnt flats area, and see if we can't get you over some harder stuff. No scratches, I promise!
That sounds like a great plan. Thanks for checking out the run. My son and I did a part of a local trail on Sunday that was a fire road with some ruts and rocks but we did it all in 2WD.

You guys (esp. Larry :twisted: ) will be happy to know that the truck was filthy and there are some scratches in the too soft plastic (inside and out) and I have some rock chips on the hood area so I think I'm headed down the "What the Heck" path already. She sure isn't going to be a trailer queen. ;)
2008 FJ TTSE, Icon/Swayaway lift, BFG AT 285s, Bud Built skids, AFE intake, tbs and high-tuck cat back, Gobi Stealth rack, MPAC racks, Powertank, DP dual batt, Hella HIDs, tons 'o PIAA. KJ6BDW

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:20 pm

Jaytil wrote:That sounds like a great plan. Thanks for checking out the run. My son and I did a part of a local trail on Sunday that was a fire road with some ruts and rocks but we did it all in 2WD.

You guys (esp. Larry :twisted: ) will be happy to know that the truck was filthy and there are some scratches in the too soft plastic (inside and out) and I have some rock chips on the hood area so I think I'm headed down the "What the Heck" path already. She sure isn't going to be a trailer queen. ;)
Oh, you didn't think we were going to let that happen, did you ???

Once you go DIRT, you won't worry about the HURT !!!
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

Return to “2008 OAUSA SummerFest Event (Big Bear)”