Summerfest Scenic Run Saturday Aug 23

BlueFJ
Call Sign: N6CJW

Re: Summerfest Scenic Run Saturday Aug 23

Post by BlueFJ » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:36 pm

Yep, once you get past that first big scratch and/or dent, it gets easier. Once you see my rig, you'll understand that I've traveled quite a distance down the "what the heck" path! :shock: :lol:
-Craig
N6CJW

'07 FJ Voodoo Blue MT6 CQ UR GY
Mods: 3" OME coilover lift, Trail-Gear sliders, All Pro Skids, Bandi Mount,
Midland 75-822 CB, Yaesu FT-8800R, Lowrance XOG, K&N Air Filter, Baja Rack & Ladder, BFG 285/70R17 AT KO

"Show me a 4X4 that's never seen dirt and I'll show you a poser"

Jaytil
Call Sign: KJ6BDW

Post by Jaytil » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:46 pm

BlueFJ wrote:Yep, once you get past that first big scratch and/or dent, it gets easier. Once you see my rig, you'll understand that I've traveled quite a distance down the "what the heck" path! :shock: :lol:
OK...so we're already moving the discussion to dents? I'm still getting used to scratches! You guys don't give a guy much time to ease into things, do you?
2008 FJ TTSE, Icon/Swayaway lift, BFG AT 285s, Bud Built skids, AFE intake, tbs and high-tuck cat back, Gobi Stealth rack, MPAC racks, Powertank, DP dual batt, Hella HIDs, tons 'o PIAA. KJ6BDW

sdnative

Post by sdnative » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:09 pm

Jay, this isn't high school. Dont give into the peer pressure. :lol:

especially a brand new FJ. Ouch. Your choice, but you have to drive it home and look at it everyday in your driveway.. :(

Just take it easy and enjoy yourself.

That being said, I'll probably end up getting a ding or two in mine. :D
Last edited by sdnative on Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueFJ

Post by BlueFJ » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:18 pm

No worrries Jaytil, didn't mean to alarm you. I had my FJ for a couple of years before I dented it. 8-)
-Craig
N6CJW

Midland 75-822 CB, Yaesu FT-8800R, Lowrance XOG, K&N Air Filter, Baja Rack & Ladder, BFG 285/70R17 AT KO

Jaytil
Call Sign: KJ6BDW

Post by Jaytil » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

I can hang. I'm just having a little fun with the whole "ease into it" thing. Larry can probably tell you that once I go, I go hard. I just need to eBay all my other hobby stuff / collections to fund the mods. Hobby consolidation... I like it. :D
2008 FJ TTSE, Icon/Swayaway lift, BFG AT 285s, Bud Built skids, AFE intake, tbs and high-tuck cat back, Gobi Stealth rack, MPAC racks, Powertank, DP dual batt, Hella HIDs, tons 'o PIAA. KJ6BDW

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:42 pm

BlueFJ wrote:No worrries Jaytil, didn't mean to alarm you. I had my FJ for a couple of years before I dented it. 8-)
I had mine for one week before I ripped the rear flare, bumper end cap, and scratched the quarter panel paint...they get easier to take the more you get.... :mrgreen:

Besides, it's not considered damage, it's considered an "upgrade opportunity" !!! :lol:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

BlueFJ

Post by BlueFJ » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:00 am

cruiserlarry wrote:Besides, it's not considered damage, it's considered an "upgrade opportunity" !!! :lol:
Or a badge :lol:
-Craig
N6CJW

lbhsbz

Post by lbhsbz » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:44 pm

Jaytil wrote:I can hang. I'm just having a little fun with the whole "ease into it" thing. Larry can probably tell you that once I go, I go hard. I just need to eBay all my other hobby stuff / collections to fund the mods. Hobby consolidation... I like it. :D

Don't worry, you will be amongst friends, and it is very possible to get through everything with no body damage, just takes some work. Find one spotter and listen to him (or her). If you have 10 people spotting you, just hit the brakes and stop until 9 of them go away. I did my first ever run at Calico, which probably wasnt' the best idea, and got through flawlessy (no body damage) because I had an excellent spotter and I followed his instructions exactly. We're all out there to have a good time, not bang up our rigs. You'll be well seasoned by the end of the weekend.
86 Yota Hilux turbo, SAS, Detriots, 4.7 crawler gears, Warn M8000, homebuilt armor

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:59 pm

lbhsbz has spoken some wise words...a good spotter is more important than almost any equipment mod (other than an unlimited budget). And when a group of folks try to help all at once, wait, and politely suggest all but one remain silent... :D Seriously, though, good spotting is the difference between a memorable day and a day you'd rather forget... :o
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

OLLIE
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:27 pm

BlueFJ wrote:No worrries Jaytil, didn't mean to alarm you. I had my FJ for a couple of years before I dented it. 8-)
We were there when you put that first big dent in your rig... :D I don't the FJ's had even been on the market for a year when you put the dents in it in Calico. ;)
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

Return to “2008 OAUSA SummerFest Event (Big Bear)”