San Diego to Big Bear - Friday morning caravan

sdnative

San Diego to Big Bear - Friday morning caravan

Post by sdnative » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:48 pm

I'll be heading up on Friday morning, meeting SSC in Riverside, and then heading up to BB. I need to be in Riverside by 9:00, so I figure we should be on the road from San Diego by 7:00 (Friday morning traffic).

Let's meet in front of the Vons on Scripps Poway parkway (1 mile east of the 15), and plan on leaving very close to 7:00. There is a couple of gas stations, a mcdonalds, starbucks, and a bagel shop in that lot, so it's a one-stop shop.

Let me know if you're interested.

OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

Re: San Diego to Big Bear - Friday morning caravan

Post by OLLIE » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:55 pm

I would join you but I'm not leaving from work until 10:30am. I will be packed and leave directly from work. Hope to make the departure for John Bull at noon.
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

sdnative

Post by sdnative » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:27 am

Ollie (K6JYB) wrote:I'm not leaving from work until 10:30am.... Hope to make the departure for John Bull at noon.
Wow! Dont get any speeding tickets! I should be monitoring palomar (147.030) and/or keller (146.385) when I get in range. If you're running late, just give me a call and we'll let you know where we're at.

ssc

Post by ssc » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:05 am

Eric, do you have Ollie's number? We can call him prior to our departure for his ETA.

Regards, SSC
FJ Mamba. Icon 2.5 front CO XT, Icon rear 2.5 with res, Icon UCA, AP sliders, Demello front bumper, AP Rear Bumper and skids. BFG KM-2 285-70-17. Warn winch. Don't forget the Puddy Cat!

2012 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 with BFG's, 05 4-Runner 4X4, BFG's, http://www.sscphoto.zenfolio.com
The other off road rig, the "License To Chill"

sdnative

Post by sdnative » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:49 am

Yes. I suspect though we'll be able to contact him through the repeater. But if not I have his cell #.

sdnative

Post by sdnative » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:33 pm

No one is coming up from San Diego on Friday morning?

Return to “2008 OAUSA SummerFest Event (Big Bear)”