2009 BorregoFest Suggestions

For the 2008 BorregoFest Event Report and Outcome Discussion
sdnative

Re: 2009 BorregoFest Suggestions

Post by sdnative » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:23 am

Wow, what a great idea. We should do this next year. I can help with the scouting if you'd like...

Cnynrat

Post by Cnynrat » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:50 am

sdnative wrote:
Wow, what a great idea. We should do this next year. I can help with the scouting if you'd like...
The scouting could be as much fun as the contest itself! :mrgreen:
Dave
N6DCF

hmfigueroa

Post by hmfigueroa » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:47 pm

I agree a better accounting of who was staying at the group site would have definitely helped me out. I had a difficult time clearing the schedule for the event and was only able to make it an overnight trip Friday night.

I stopped by the group site and said hello then set about finding a nearby single site based on the full booking status of the group site. Well we ended up getting in later than we wanted and after setting up camp, my kids were too tired for us to join the group. Unfortunately the closest site we could get was not close enough for me to feel comfortable in stepping out to join in, so we just turned in. That is until the neighbors came in lights blazing. (Only kidding Larry, it wasn't that bad :D )

It was nice getting out anyway but I would have liked to mix a little more.

BoBoNel

Post by BoBoNel » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:49 pm

hi hector......yes you are right and sorry you couldnt linger with us longer. the group was definately spread out over the camp grounds.......

i've always suggested and i wouldnt mind a "fee" for camping. something to make the commitment stronger. we seemed to definately have room in the group camp sites. we could have even set up more TENTS in our group sites....so that everyone was camping and hanging closer together..... but had folks park their vehicles at their individual sites to accomodate for the parking restrictions??
G-4!!!!
Trail Mom

gon2srf

Post by gon2srf » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:40 pm

I would like to see a master check in sheet/form used next year. Motivation for checking in could be one free raffle ticket or something similar. I can guestimate what the total turnout figures were but an accurate count would be nice, especially if we seek sponsors or raffle prizes next year.
BoBoNel wrote:we could have even set up more TENTS in our group sites....so that everyone was camping and hanging closer together..... but had folks park their vehicles at their individual sites to accomodate for the parking restrictions??

I think I must have written 20 times in the sign up thread that folks that were in other sites could camp in group if they wanted to, parking was the issue. I know I PM'd that info to almost everyone who "had" to reserve a separate site.

Having said that, I think we had a great set up with lots of room to spread out if you chose to. Have you seen what most group sites look like, over lapping tents, listening to your neighbors snoring at close range, no thanks. IMO we had the best of both worlds but maybe you miss those summer camp days? :lol:
Image_Image_Image

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:52 am

I think a master check-in guide would be an excellent idea. It would be beneficial to keep closer tabs on who will be there and when. I also feel a fee to participate will keep the list more accurate - and help to offset costs of the events.

One issue to me is that folks are coming in at all different times and different days. This makes it harder to track who is attending, and also keeps some from joining in the group activiites. I'm not sure if there is a solution for this - I mention it for suggestions. One idea might be to have a different group meeting site each night, for socializing without being repetitive...
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

justjodi

Post by justjodi » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:50 am

cruiserlarry wrote:I think a master check-in guide would be an excellent idea. It would be beneficial to keep closer tabs on who will be there and when. I also feel a fee to participate will keep the list more accurate - and help to offset costs of the events.

One issue to me is that folks are coming in at all different times and different days. This makes it harder to track who is attending, and also keeps some from joining in the group activiites. I'm not sure if there is a solution for this - I mention it for suggestions. One idea might be to have a different group meeting site each night, for socializing without being repetitive...

I would be happy to take a shift at hanging out at the campsite to check people in, especially if I could get there early enough on Friday. We used to have an informal greeting committee.
Jodi

Return to “2008 BorregoFest Event Reports”