BorregoFest Carnage Report

For the 2008 BorregoFest Event Report and Outcome Discussion
cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Re: BorregoFest Carnage Report

Post by cruiserlarry » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:05 am

gon2srf wrote:I drive straight wherever I go, except where there are turns so there should be no problem. ;) :? .

If I had the nitrogen and the press I'd rebuild them every 1000K. :mrgreen:
...Maybe it's time to add those reservoirs to them while there at the shop... :twisted: :lol:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

Cnynrat

Post by Cnynrat » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:55 am

We made some significant updates to our pinstriping art - mainly running through the Carrizo creek out to the old Carrizo Stage Station site on Saturday.

I've also come home with a strange low frequency vibration/rattling noise that mainly occurs just as I'm slowly coming to a stop. Haven't figured that one out yet.
Dave
N6DCF

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Post by DaveK » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:33 am

Cnynrat wrote:We made some significant updates to our pinstriping art - mainly running through the Carrizo creek out to the old Carrizo Stage Station site on Saturday.

I've also come home with a strange low frequency vibration/rattling noise that mainly occurs just as I'm slowly coming to a stop. Haven't figured that one out yet.

Very, very bizarre. Same here.
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

gon2srf

Post by gon2srf » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:04 pm

DaveK wrote:
Cnynrat wrote:We made some significant updates to our pinstriping art - mainly running through the Carrizo creek out to the old Carrizo Stage Station site on Saturday.

Very, very bizarre. Same here.

That is your rig experiencing the post BorregoFest Blues. It's got the shakes and is pleading for more dirt less asphalt please. ;)
Image_Image_Image

Cnynrat

Post by Cnynrat » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:03 pm

DaveK wrote:Very, very bizarre. Same here.
That is bizzare. I'll let you know when I figure out what's going on.
gon2srf wrote:That is your rig experiencing the post BorregoFest Blues. It's got the shakes and is pleading for more dirt less asphalt please. ;)
You know I would actually buy that theory except that the first time I noticed it was Saturday night while we were still in AB. ;)
Dave
N6DCF

justjodi

Post by justjodi » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:07 pm

BorregoWrangler wrote:
BoBoNel wrote:my bottle of wine fell over friday night....luckily i caught it in time and saved the contents....later to be consumed. whew....that was a close one though. other than that....no trail carnage i dont think. :)

:lol:

It really gets crazy when those bulls start to dance. You never know what kind of damage will occur.
Jodi

BlueFJ
Call Sign: N6CJW

Post by BlueFJ » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:08 pm

Well, on the Sunday Painted Gorge/Carrizo Mtn. run, I was watching the rigs in front of me and didn't see the huge washout which I drove into with my left side and dented and tore the left side of my front bumper. I hit that sucker HARD! :shock: Didn't even notice the carnage until I got home Sunday night. :roll:
-Craig
N6CJW

'07 FJ Voodoo Blue MT6 CQ UR GY
Mods: 3" OME coilover lift, Trail-Gear sliders, All Pro Skids, Bandi Mount,
Midland 75-822 CB, Yaesu FT-8800R, Lowrance XOG, K&N Air Filter, Baja Rack & Ladder, BFG 285/70R17 AT KO

"Show me a 4X4 that's never seen dirt and I'll show you a poser"

BorregoWrangler

Post by BorregoWrangler » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:59 pm

Ah, good times! I can't wait to head back into there when there's more water running through. 8-)
BlueFJ wrote:Well, on the Sunday Painted Gorge/Carrizo Mtn. run, I was watching the rigs in front of me and didn't see the huge washout which I drove into with my left side and dented and tore the left side of my front bumper. I hit that sucker HARD! :shock: Didn't even notice the carnage until I got home Sunday night. :roll:
Really? I guess the rest of us missed that too. Of course, Ollie had to hog the spotlight by showing off! :lol:
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

View all my trip reports here at my blog: GrahamCrackers

BlueFJ
Call Sign: N6CJW

Post by BlueFJ » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:02 pm

Yea, I think Doug saw me drop into that one.
-Craig
N6CJW

'07 FJ Voodoo Blue MT6 CQ UR GY
Mods: 3" OME coilover lift, Trail-Gear sliders, All Pro Skids, Bandi Mount,
Midland 75-822 CB, Yaesu FT-8800R, Lowrance XOG, K&N Air Filter, Baja Rack & Ladder, BFG 285/70R17 AT KO

"Show me a 4X4 that's never seen dirt and I'll show you a poser"

BoBoNel

Post by BoBoNel » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:16 pm

LOL....thats a funny picture. MEMORIES................
justjodi wrote:
BorregoWrangler wrote:
BoBoNel wrote:my bottle of wine fell over friday night....luckily i caught it in time and saved the contents....later to be consumed. whew....that was a close one though. other than that....no trail carnage i dont think. :)

:lol:

It really gets crazy when those bulls start to dance. You never know what kind of damage will occur.
G-4!!!!
Trail Mom

Return to “2008 BorregoFest Event Reports”