Check out this ride

Post by gon2srf » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:12 pm

Image_Image_Image

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Re: Check out this ride

Post by cruiserlarry » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:50 pm

That is an insane rig - did you read the specs on what they used ??? Unfortunately for us, most of the parts he used are third world-spec, and not available to us in North America. And the aluminum / sandwich-composite frame for the camper - well, that is aircraft / racing technology most of us could not afford, and very few know how to do even if you had the funds...

Just a beautiful expedition rig that will leave me eternally jealous... :lol: ;)
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

gon2srf

Post by gon2srf » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:09 am

cruiserlarry wrote:That is an insane rig - did you read the specs on what they used ??? Unfortunately for us, most of the parts he used are third world-spec, and not available to us in North America. And the aluminum / sandwich-composite frame for the camper - well, that is aircraft / racing technology most of us could not afford, and very few know how to do even if you had the funds...

Just a beautiful expedition rig that will leave me eternally jealous... :lol: ;)

I did read the specs and that's why I thought the build worthy of posting even if it is financially out of reaching for many, including me. :D I love how the rig has a simplicity to it's "look" while so much thought was actually put into it. It makes me want to remove my stickers and put my ax, shovel and hi lift in the rig.....
Image_Image_Image

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:18 pm

gon2srf wrote:
cruiserlarry wrote:That is an insane rig - did you read the specs on what they used ??? Unfortunately for us, most of the parts he used are third world-spec, and not available to us in North America. And the aluminum / sandwich-composite frame for the camper - well, that is aircraft / racing technology most of us could not afford, and very few know how to do even if you had the funds...

I did read the specs and that's why I thought the build worthy of posting even if it is financially out of reaching for many, including me. :D I love how the rig has a simplicity to it's "look" while so much thought was actually put into it. It makes me want to remove my stickers and put my ax, shovel and hi lift in the rig.....
Makes me want to win the lottery... :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

Blackx

Post by Blackx » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:56 pm

That thing is awesome

Return to “Vehicle Showcase”