Mohave Preserve for Winter Run?

Lets plan the early 2008 Mojave Preserve run here. This is not a sanctioned event. Just some freinds meeting on the Mojave Road.
User avatar
mbisson
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 12:21 am
Location: Hemet, CA

Re: Mohave Preserve for Winterfest?

#31

Post by mbisson » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:11 am

You know guys, I have been on the Mojave Road in Jan. I don't think I got warm for three days. This might be a better run for the Spring.

gon2srf
Posts: 1275
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:57 am

Re: Mohave Preserve for Winterfest?

#32

Post by gon2srf » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:34 am

mbisson wrote:You know guys, I have been on the Mojave Road in Jan. I don't think I got warm for three days. This might be a better run for the Spring.
We were looking for a WinterFest run Mike. Time to buy that catalytic heater we were discussing in the camping section. :lol:
Image_Image_Image

User avatar
mbisson
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 12:21 am
Location: Hemet, CA

Re: Mohave Preserve for Winterfest?

#33

Post by mbisson » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:38 pm

gon2srf wrote:We were looking for a WinterFest run Mike. Time to buy that catalytic heater we were discussing in the camping section. :lol:
I actually stay very toasty in my down bag. I was just thinking Spring would be a better time for this run. Been there, done that, when it gets below freezing. Anyway you look at it, it is a fun run. If you run it West to East, you can thaw out in Laughlin for a few days. :twisted:

User avatar
big dave
Posts: 339
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 3:51 pm
Location: Norwalk, CA
Contact:

Re: Mohave Preserve for Winterfest?

#34

Post by big dave » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:19 pm

I think winterfest should be held in the time of year snow would be most likely.
'90 Pathfinder
'99 Expedition

gon2srf
Posts: 1275
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:57 am

Re: Mohave Preserve for Winterfest?

#35

Post by gon2srf » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:29 pm

big dave wrote:I think winterfest should be held in the time of year snow would be most likely.
Agreed. I camped in the snow several times this year. Left all my drinks outside and when I woke up, everything was frozen, duh. The only drinks that you could drink were the ones in the cooler. :D Love sitting around a fire when you really need it! :D
Image_Image_Image

User avatar
mbisson
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 12:21 am
Location: Hemet, CA

Re: Mohave Preserve for Winterfest?

#36

Post by mbisson » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:16 pm

We just need to be sure that everyone, including the newbs, know what the weather can get like out in the middle of the Mojave.

gon2srf
Posts: 1275
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:57 am

Re: Mohave Preserve for Winterfest?

#37

Post by gon2srf » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:34 pm

mbisson wrote:We just need to be sure that everyone, including the newbs, know what the weather can get like out in the middle of the Mojave.
Oh, sounds like you may be interested?
Image_Image_Image

User avatar
OLLIE
Posts: 2693
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:31 am
Call Sign: K6JYB
Location: Sweet Home Alabama!!!

Re: Mohave Preserve for Winterfest?

#38

Post by OLLIE » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:07 am

gon2srf wrote:
big dave wrote:I think winterfest should be held in the time of year snow would be most likely.
Agreed. I camped in the snow several times this year. Left all my drinks outside and when I woke up, everything was frozen, duh. The only drinks that you could drink were the ones in the cooler. :D Love sitting around a fire when you really need it! :D
You must not have mixxed them strong enough. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)


APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)


http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan


CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

User avatar
unwiredadventures
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:50 pm
Call Sign: KG6JVE
Location: Pasa Bernardino
Contact:

Re: Mohave Preserve for Winterfest?

#39

Post by unwiredadventures » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:02 pm

mbisson wrote:We just need to be sure that everyone, including the newbs, know what the weather can get like out in the middle of the Mojave.
Yes, you'd need to be prepared for snow, it snowed on us this last May. Other than being cold in January and hot in August, the weather can be unpredictable. It could rain or snow anytime.

IMHO, the weather in the desert just makes it more beautiful.
'97 Land Cruiser FZJ80

Trip Photos | Twitter

User avatar
Arkarch
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:20 pm
Call Sign: KF6VOM
Location: Las Vegas NV
Contact:

Re: Mohave Preserve for WinterFest?

#40

Post by Arkarch » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:44 pm

Mojave Road is literally my backyard - so yeah I have been wanting to do this. Put me down for this in Jan or Feb, Prez Day is good.
2009 VR6 Alaska Gray VW Touareg + BFG 265/70/17's + Air Lift + 1 Locker
2006 V6 Colorado Red VW Touareg (Retired)
Images - http://picasaweb.google.com/KF6VOM

Post Reply

Return to “2008 Mojave Preserve Run”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest