Mohave Preserve for Winter Run?

Lets plan the early 2008 Mojave Preserve run here. This is not a sanctioned event. Just some freinds meeting on the Mojave Road.
BruisedFJ
Call Sign: KV6WTF

Re: Mohave Preserve for WinterFest?

Post by BruisedFJ » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:06 pm

I'm up for joining y'all for a very chilly WinterFest (that's why they call it winter, right?!) in Mojave. A weekend with a bank holiday is always easier, as was mentioned above.

Great time at Borrego Fest. Thanks to everyone I met this weekend.
Stoddard (Bruised FJ)
KV6WTF

Frogeye
Call Sign: KI6LHP

Re: Mohave Preserve for Winterfest?

Post by Frogeye » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:11 am

BorregoWrangler wrote:Never been. Sounds interesting!
x2
Chris

wampi

Post by wampi » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:36 pm

I would love to join you. I think February would work better. January is a difficult month since we have to recover from all the expenses from December. :( . I hope we can do something. :D

raYGunn

Post by raYGunn » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:47 pm

wampi wrote:I would love to join you. I think February would work better. January is a difficult month since we have to recover from all the expenses from December. :( . I hope we can do something. :D
I already told my kids Santa died and I have to go to the desert to bury him before he starts to stink. :twisted:
97 LX450

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:46 pm

raYGunn wrote:
wampi wrote:I would love to join you. I think February would work better. January is a difficult month since we have to recover from all the expenses from December. :( . I hope we can do something. :D
I already told my kids Santa died and I have to go to the desert to bury him before he starts to stink. :twisted:

Hey Jesse, I can hear your kids crying from here... :lol:

(one more reason to get out to Mojave !!! :mrgreen:)
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

BoBoNel

Post by BoBoNel » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:21 pm

raYGunn wrote:
OMG............that is so freakin funny i almost pee'd my pants. good one!

can chicks go on this trip? :) i have a nice warm sleeping bag and tent heater. i'll have to get my roof rack before then so i can store my gas cans, etc....sounds like a cool (cold) mini expedition. sign me up as a maybe.
G-4!!!!
Trail Mom

raYGunn

Post by raYGunn » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:29 pm

BoBoNel wrote:
raYGunn wrote:
OMG............that is so freakin funny i almost pee'd my pants. good one!

can chicks go on this trip? :) i have a nice warm sleeping bag and tent heater. i'll have to get my roof rack before then so i can store my gas cans, etc....sounds like a cool (cold) mini expedition. sign me up as a maybe.
Yea!

I just took back my tent I used during BorregoFest and exchanged if for a new 4 season tent. Even though it was used my old tent was too short for me and REI took it back no questions asked! Now we can go to the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro and my tent should be long enough for me and adequate for the weather!
97 LX450

BorregoWrangler

Post by BorregoWrangler » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:15 pm

raYGunn wrote:I already told my kids Santa died and I have to go to the desert to bury him before he starts to stink. :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

View all my trip reports here at my blog: GrahamCrackers

big dave

Post by big dave » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:24 pm

Would anyone like to run around Mohave Preserve with me in December maybe? Id like to drive a couple of the roads i havent driven so we could offer them for Winterfest runs.
'90 Pathfinder
'99 Expedition

THATSALEXUS?

Post by THATSALEXUS? » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:23 pm

I think it's about time to formalize this Fest. Set the destination in stone, vote on the dates and reformat the first post. That way we can all start planning accordingly. It just looks like alot of speculation at this point.

Sorry, I guess that was my controlling, out loud voice, wasn't it :mrgreen:

Return to “2008 Mojave Preserve Run”