Mojave Preserve Participant List

Lets plan the early 2008 Mojave Preserve run here. This is not a sanctioned event. Just some freinds meeting on the Mojave Road.
gon2srf

Mojave Preserve Participant List

Post by gon2srf » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:26 pm

The list below was created in the order of interest shown in the original Mojave thread. Those listed in bold have already confirmed their interest. Please reply if you are still interested in doing the Mojave Trail in January. Vote for your preferred date here: http://www.oausa.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=858

big dave
unwiredadventures
BorregoWrangler
CruiserLarry
toms
NotAMog
raYGunn
cnynrt
SteveB
hawkeye
mbission
Arkarch
bruisedFJ
Frogeye
wampi
Bobonel
THATSALEXUS?
Image_Image_Image

BoBoNel

Re: Mojave Preserve WinterFest Participant List

Post by BoBoNel » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:44 pm

i thought oausa was going to run this in feb? guess i didnt pay attention to the dates in the thread........
the socalfjcruiser forum is doing a "viking run" on mojave trail the weekend of jan 16-18 (mlkh) and i signed up with them........thinking i could do their run in jan and yours in feb.........

IMHO......would be a blast if we all "ran into each other" out there to camp/party. i'll see what you all vote for as the chosen weekend and see if i can swing 2 big runs in the same month $$ (money wise).
G-4!!!!
Trail Mom

Navy_FJ

Post by Navy_FJ » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:07 pm

Scott,

I would love to make this run! Right now I am in however we have a small number of guys that have to hit the boat in Jan for some training so it depends on dates and if I get drafted? Thanks for coordinating this and getting the ball rolling.

Jeremy

gon2srf

Post by gon2srf » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:57 pm

Hey guys, it looks as if I may have jumped the gun so I'm going to lock this thread until further notice.
Image_Image_Image

OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:22 am

Let the planning contine.
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

gon2srf

Re: Mojave Preserve Participant List

Post by gon2srf » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:06 pm

Below is the Mojave NPS website link and the verbiage from the permit page.

http://www.nps.gov/moja/index.htm

Permits

Special Park Recreation Use Permit
A Special Park Recreation Use Permit is required for some activities within Mojave National Preserve. A non-refundable application fee is required from all applicants, regardless of whether or not the permit is issued. There are two fee categories, depending on the nature of the proposed activity:

Groups of at least 7 vehicles or 15 participants for common recreational activities (rock climbing, hunting, fishing or trapping, equestrian use, bicycling, street-legal motorcycle or all-terrain vehicle use, backcountry use and roadside vehicle camping).
Application Fee: $5o

Special park use requests including but not limited to: weddings, sporting events, ceremonies/gatherings, entertainment, and public spectator attractions.
Application Fee: $70

Proof of insurance and posting of a bond may also be required. For more information, call (760) 252-6107 or e-mail us.

Filming and Photography Permit
A Filming/Commercial Photography Permit is required for any filming or photography involving the use of sets, props or models, requiring entry into a closed area, or requiring access to the park after normal working hours. There is a permit for short productions with minimal equipment and few people and one for longer, more involved ones.
Application Fee: $100

Proof of insurance and posting of a bond may also be required. For more information, call (760) 252-6107 or e-mail us.

Commercial Use Authorization
A Commercial Use Authorization is required for business activities(e.g. marketing, advertisement, negotiation of compensation with the customer or the solicitation or receipt of money or other compensation) that take place outside the Park and provide visitor services in the Park. Businesses included in this program are operations that provide any or all goods, activities, services, agreements or other things offered to the general public which take place at least in part in the park, uses park resources, and is undertaken for or results in compensation, monetary gain, benefit or profit to an individual, organization, or corporation, whether or not such entity is organized for purposes recognized as non-profit under local, state or Federal law.
Application Fee: $100

For more information, call (760) 252-6107 or e-mail us.

Other Fees
In addition to the application fee, all special park uses are also associated with administrative processing fees and monitoring costs. The monitoring costs may vary accordingly with the activity in question.

Administrative Processing Fee: $155

Monitoring Costs: $50/hour, 2 hour minimum per even
Image_Image_Image

BorregoWrangler

Post by BorregoWrangler » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:07 pm

gon2srf wrote:Groups of at least 7 vehicles or 15 participants for common recreational activities (rock climbing, hunting, fishing or trapping, equestrian use, bicycling, street-legal motorcycle or all-terrain vehicle use, backcountry use and roadside vehicle camping).
So will this cover the whole group or will we need a couple of these? What's the maximum number of vehicles this permit covers?
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

View all my trip reports here at my blog: GrahamCrackers

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:41 pm

BorregoWrangler wrote:
gon2srf wrote:Groups of at least 7 vehicles or 15 participants for common recreational activities (rock climbing, hunting, fishing or trapping, equestrian use, bicycling, street-legal motorcycle or all-terrain vehicle use, backcountry use and roadside vehicle camping).
So will this cover the whole group or will we need a couple of these? What's the maximum number of vehicles this permit covers?
If no one is sure, we can call the number listed - "For more information, call (760) 252-6107..." :mrgreen:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

cowboy4x4
Call Sign: KI6OBK

Post by cowboy4x4 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:57 pm

put me down, I know I'm supposed to do a death valley run late dec. so I should be able to make this as well.... Thomas
KI6OBK....A BAD DAY EXPLORING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:01 pm

Hey,Thomas, good to hear from you again :D ...

I look forward to hitting the trails with you soon...

Is your Death Valley excursion looking for addt'l participants ???
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

Return to “2008 Mojave Preserve Run”