Mojave Road Adventure: Jan 9-11th 2009

Lets plan the early 2008 Mojave Preserve run here. This is not a sanctioned event. Just some freinds meeting on the Mojave Road.
TheSheepDog
Call Sign: bigdan

Re: Mojave Road Adventure: Jan 9-11th 2009

Post by TheSheepDog » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:30 am

Hey everyone FNG here. BigDave told me about the trip so count me in.

BorregoWrangler

Post by BorregoWrangler » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:01 am

TheSheepDog wrote:Hey everyone FNG here. BigDave told me about the trip so count me in.
Sure thing! And welcome! Be sure to head over to the New Members Please Check In thread and tell us a bit about yourself and your rig.
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

View all my trip reports here at my blog: GrahamCrackers

ralphie
Call Sign: KI6VTJ

Post by ralphie » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:28 am

sounds like fun, I'm in if thats cool. is the trip still on the 9 -11 jan 09. if so count me in! I have wanted to do this trip for a long time.
JUST GO ADVENTUERING!!!
TLCA # 19122
KI6VTJ
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom
must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

BorregoWrangler

Post by BorregoWrangler » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:57 pm

ralphie wrote:sounds like fun, I'm in if thats cool. is the trip still on the 9 -11 jan 09. if so count me in! I have wanted to do this trip for a long time.
You're on the list! :D
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

BoBoNel

Post by BoBoNel » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:56 pm

hey...was reading your first post and jealous that i'm working and not able to go with you all.........you will all have so much fun.

i've heard that the rules changed as far as your "poop".........i believe you cant bury it in the preserve anylonger....it now has to be packed out also. something you might want to look into since the hills have eyes. :) i might be wrong...just what i heard and read over on the socalfjcruisers forum. a bunch of them were just out not too long ago and this was listed in their "rules" they rec'd from the park. (?)
G-4!!!!
Trail Mom

ralphie
Call Sign: KI6VTJ

Post by ralphie » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:52 pm

all you need is a 5 gallon bucket and wag bags. i looked up the regs and you need to have some sort of "poo" container such as a "pett toilet. in the the park. I am bring my bucket and wag bags just to be safe.
JUST GO ADVENTUERING!!!
TLCA # 19122
KI6VTJ
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom
must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

BorregoWrangler

Post by BorregoWrangler » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:20 pm

BoBoNel wrote:hey...was reading your first post and jealous that i'm working and not able to go with you all.........you will all have so much fun.

i've heard that the rules changed as far as your "poop".........i believe you cant bury it in the preserve anylonger....it now has to be packed out also. something you might want to look into since the hills have eyes. :) i might be wrong...just what i heard and read over on the socalfjcruisers forum. a bunch of them were just out not too long ago and this was listed in their "rules" they rec'd from the park. (?)
I believe that only applies to offical organized, commercial events. The permits for those cost a bit more and have more rules. All of the regulations on the permit pertain to such events, but some don't to small outings like ours.
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

big dave

Post by big dave » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:46 pm

I dont know about you guys, but im heading to town if i have to take a dump. I really dont feel like tagging and bagging anything on this trip.
'90 Pathfinder
'99 Expedition

gon2srf

Post by gon2srf » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:45 am

big dave wrote:I dont know about you guys, but im heading to town if i have to take a dump. I really dont feel like tagging and bagging anything on this trip.
So your going to drive to 10-30 miles to go poop? What about everyone else in your group, should they follow or just wait for your return? :lol: :roll:

Below is a current excerpt from NPS website regarding treatment of human waste in the Mojave Preserve. They differentiate between actual poop and toilet paper, so you need to pack out your poopy paper but not the actual poop. Lovely! :lol:

The above excerpt is currently posted on the NPS website, so unless something new just passed and the NPS is being remiss in updating their website I wouldn't be to concerned about the wag bags if you can't deal with it.
http://www.nps.gov/moja/planyourvisit/r ... amping.htm

Just a reminder this is another issue to keep in mind.
Campfires are allowed in established fire rings only, or with use of a portable firepan (be sure to pack out ashes). Do not leave fires smoldering or unattended.
Image_Image_Image

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:47 am

gon2srf wrote:So your going to drive to 10-30 miles to go poop? What about everyone else in your group, should they follow or just wait for your return? :lol: :roll:

Below is a current excerpt from NPS website regarding treatment of human waste in the Mojave Preserve. They differentiate between actual poop and toilet paper, so you need to pack out your poopy paper but not the actual poop. Lovely! :lol:
Wow, this thread has really gone to sh*t !!! :lol: :lol: :shock: ;)

OK, OK - I just couldn't resist.... :mrgreen:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

Return to “2008 Mojave Preserve Run”