big dave wrote:I might have a problem getting out there Thursday night. If what im thinking might happen, actually happens, the only way im going to make the 9am roll call is if i leave here at 3am on Friday morning. Is there a way that some of us late comers (around noon) would be able to get a hold of anyone ahead on the trail so we could possibly catch up or meet somewhere?
3am? Oh come on, you can do it!
Im sure we could work something out. Do you have a ham radio? If so I think that would be the easiest way to get ahold of someone. bruisedFJ is gonna be our tail gunner so maybe you could touch base with him. I'll also send you my cell # so we can work something out if you're running late. Like Scott mentioned, we may also be able to wait for ya along the trail, maybe at the 95 or later on at Fort Piute. Our first camp should be north on Caruthers Road, past New York Mtn. Road into Caruthers Canyon. (Mojave and Caruthers Rd- Latitude North 35 08 23.8, Longitude West 115 15 17.9)
The road forks several times after New York Mountains Road. Bear right at each fork.
I don't want to jinx myself but quite a few of the guys around the shop are getting sick. I hope I don't get hit with it. I'm usually pretty tough about getting sick but the last time I was and had an opportunity to go camping while it was cold I did. Let's just say I won't be doing that again
So.....let's just keep our finger's crossed 'cause I'm totally looking forward to this trip!!!
Fingers are crossed! Yeah, just start taking stuff to boost your immune system now. Only a few days left! Woohoo!
Oh yeah, CB channel 34. Be sure to check out the first page of this tread for that stuff.