When you join, please say hello and introduce yourself here.
jankk6abz
Call Sign: kk6abz

Post by jankk6abz » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:49 pm

Hello my name is Jan kk6abz Ive been interested in off road now for a couple of years. I do not have a off road vehicle but would be interested in purchasing a very used one. I'm also interested in going along with another person if they are going alone. You can reach me at jankk6abz@aol.com. I will be listening to the net on a regular bases. I do a lot of camping and interested in other types of outdoor adventures. Hope to see you on the road!

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Re: new member

Post by DaveK » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:39 pm

Hey Jan

Welcome to OAUSA.

We have a wealth of information on the website that should help you narrow down your choices for a 4x4 that suits your needs and tips on camping gear and locations. While you are deciding, we encourage you to join us at one of our off-roading events to get a feel for the different types of vehicles form which you can choose, Borrego Fest is coming up in October and that would be an excellent choice to see a good variety of 4x4s and join us on the trail.

We're glad that you can join us on the nets. See you on Thursday evenings!!!
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:02 pm

Jan -

Welcome to the OAUSA website !!!

We will be have our annual BorregoFest event Oct 9-11, 2015 - there will be trail runs, speakers, pot lick, wine tasting, and many folks with a common love for the outdoors. Access to the main camp is on paved roads, so any vehicle can join us - an there will likely be many folks at the event willing to take you as a passenger on the trail runs to give you a taste of the fun you'll be in for when you gt your own off-road rig...
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

Voodoo Blue 57
Call Sign: W6PET

Post by Voodoo Blue 57 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:04 pm

Welcome Jan!

Hope to see you at our Borrego Fest. As Dave an Larry said Borrego Fest is a great time for us to meet you.
Phil

"Never lost always exploring"

"National parks are the best idea we ever had. Absolutely American, absolutely democratic, they reflect us at our best rather than our worst"
Wallace Stegner

Return to “NEW MEMBER CHECK-IN”