HI folks from Rancho Cucamonga

When you join, please say hello and introduce yourself here.
Call Sign: KM6FCL

HI folks from Rancho Cucamonga

Post by voit » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:54 pm

Hello all. My name is Mark Veit, and joined following my Technician test on 8/27, at Bass Pro Shops, Rancho Cucamonga. I am still waiting for my call sign by the way. I am retired from Long Beach Fire Department, and worked as FF and Paramedic for 27 years. I am an avid hunter, target shooter, handloader, fisherman, camper, and all around outdoorsman. Somehow four wheel drive and radios (and guns) have always been part of my life, and have taken me all over the western US. I guess it's just a natural progression to finally get into Amatuer radio, using it for both a hobby and emergency preparedness. It will be a pleasure to meet many of you out there on the trail someday in the future. Take care all!

Mark Veit

Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Re: HI folks from Rancho Cucamonga

Post by DaveK » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:18 am

Welcome to OAUSA!

Your interests are exactly the same as most of our members and you should feel right at home. If your calendar is clear, give some thought to joining us at Borrego Fest this year (on October 7-9.) It would be a good chance to join a couple of 4x4 runs, see how we use Ham Radio, enjoy the desert, and enjoy some great food and drink.

Also, we do an Amateur Radio Net every week that covers just about every outdoor topic. Now that you will be getting your ticket, join us on Thursday evenings.

I spoke with the ARRL today and they indicated the results should be posted this week. Check the FCC website to get your new callsign.

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Re: HI folks from Rancho Cucamonga

Post by cruiserlarry » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:50 pm

Mark -

Welcome to OAUSA, and congratulations on earning your Technician's license !!!

As Dave said, OAUSA BorregoFest is a fun event, and a great opportunity to explore the amazing CA desert, as well as the fine cooking of our members in the pot luck dinner.

We hope to see you there !!!
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking