A new member "Howdy"

When you join, please say hello and introduce yourself here.
cesandvik
Call Sign: KM6QQB

A new member "Howdy"

Post by cesandvik » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:37 pm

Hi everyone! I've enjoyed the OAUSA Net since I received my Technician's license recently. I obtained my license for the purpose of improving outdoor vehicle assisted adventure communications and getting off Citizens Band with my group of friends. I love taking my K5 Blazer out to local day runs, such as Anzo Borrego, or multiple days on the trail in the desert. I try to run the Mojave Trail at least once per year and am always looking to learn a new trail. It looks like this group has some good opportunities to to this, so I'm looking forward to those chances to meet more enthusiasts.
Carl Sandvik
KM6QQB
#K54FUN

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Re: A new member "Howdy"

Post by DaveK » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:37 pm

Hey Carl

Welcome to OAUSA.

You will fit right in. For the most part, our nets are a reflection of the types of activities that we enjoy or in which we are involved. We regularly do a net on off-road adventurers (or any outdoor adventures, for the matter), and we would like to include yours, if you are interested.

Anza Borrego is one of our favorite destinations. which BTW, is where we will be holding our Borrego Fest event this year. All are invited. Don't be shy about posting your trip reports on the website!!!

See you on the nets!!!
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

cesandvik
Call Sign: KM6QQB

Post by cesandvik » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:55 pm

Thanks Dave, Sounds great and thanks for the welcome. The Borrego Fest write-up from last year looked interesting. I'll keep an eye out for it this year and plan to attend. I'm heading out to the Mojave Trail the weekend of the 6th, so I'll post up a trip report afterwards. 73's
Carl Sandvik
KM6QQB
#K54FUN

Matt2001TJ
Call Sign: KB6MAT

Post by Matt2001TJ » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:51 pm

Carl welcome to Ham radio and the forum.
"Just Another Second Generation Ham"......and a four wheeler.....

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:16 pm

Carl -

Welcome aboard OAUSA !!!

As you probably know from listening to the nets, this is a great group of folks, with varied experience and skills, with a common interest in outdoor exploration. Please post up any recent adventure you've had, and give us a little more info on your K5 - it looks awesome :mrgreen:

Larry W6LPB
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

Return to “NEW MEMBER CHECK-IN”