Long Beach, CA

When you join, please say hello and introduce yourself here.
K9aOG
Call Sign: K9aOG

Long Beach, CA

Post by K9aOG » Thu May 16, 2019 10:42 am

Greetings and thank you for letting me join this group. Steven K9aOG-7 (APRS) and Pax my current Chocolate Lab. Looks like an excellent group encompassing my interests of radio, camping and exploring our great outdoors.

Currently a 5thGen 4Runner with my Jeeps (78 CJ7 original owner and 75 CJ-5) on the blocks. Initially became aware of the group post Calico Toyota Fest. Won an item from Dirty Parts and Larry encouraged me to look into the group.

Thank you and 73,
Steven k9aOG

Hmfigueroa
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: Ke6vrl

Re: Long Beach, CA

Post by Hmfigueroa » Thu May 16, 2019 9:46 pm

Steven,

Welcome to the group if those are some of your interests, this is the right place! Be sure to join us on the nets, easily accessible from the Long Beach area.

We are gearing up for our “Field Day” event here at the end of June, check out the information on the forums it is great fun

Again, welcome,

Hector KE6VRL
Hector Figueroa
Toyota FJC
Kenwood TS-480HX SCS DR-7800 Tarheel 2
Yaesu FTM-400XDR

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Post by DaveK » Sun May 19, 2019 2:07 pm

Steven

Welcome to Outdoor Adventure USA!!!

We're very glad you found us. When time permits, check out our forums, and especially the run reports section (there are two of them.) These should give you a pretty good idea of where our interests lie. There is much more however, and you will find a great deal of information as you navigate through the various sections of the website.

If things Ham related interest you, also give some consideration to joining us at our Field Day this year. It'll give you a chance to enjoy the great outdoors, play Ham radio, and do some great camping. You can check it out here: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=4236 .
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Wed May 22, 2019 11:29 pm

Hey Steven - glad you made it to the OAUSA forum !!!

You'll find a wealth of information here, and with a little prodding, from the diverse membership, too lol...

And OAUSA SummerFest and Field Day is coming up June 21-23, so put it on your calendar, and come up and say hello :mrgreen:

Details for the event can be found on this forum, or on the Dirty Parts web site under "Sponsored Events"
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

Return to “NEW MEMBER CHECK-IN”