Introduction

When you join, please say hello and introduce yourself here.
Ionyx
Call Sign: KN6BOZ

Introduction

Post by Ionyx » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:11 pm

Hi!
I'm Pablo (KN6BOZ) in the South Bay. Looking to join the crew here hoping to learn more about off-roading and Outdoor Adventures in general and hoping to meet some teams to go out with.
I have a nice 4Runner that will not Rock Crawl but is quite capable as for the driver... getting there ;-)

Hmfigueroa
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: Ke6vrl

Re: Introduction

Post by Hmfigueroa » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:43 pm

Hello Pablo,

Welcome to the group. Were you able to make it out to our BorregoFest event? We have options for everyone. We are a great group that is happy to share knowledge without being pushy.

Be sure to join us on the radio net Thursday evenings.

Hector
Hector Figueroa
Toyota FJC
Kenwood TS-480HX SCS DR-7800 Tarheel 2
Yaesu FTM-400XDR

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Post by DaveK » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:52 pm

Hey Pablo

Welcome to Outdoor Adventure USA!!!

We would like for you to join us on one of our adventures. Keep an eye on the run planning sections for upcoming trips. In the meantime, join us on the nets every Thursday evening at 7:30 on the Keller Peak Repeater.
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

Ionyx
Call Sign: KN6BOZ

Post by Ionyx » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:30 pm

Hi guys, I wasn't able to join you for Borrego fest (I found out too late). But already have it in my calendar to join next year.
On the trails planning maybe I haven't spent enough time playing around but it seems like most of the posts are old no?
I enjoyed the NET today!

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Post by DaveK » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:49 pm

Ionyx wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:30 pm
Hi guys, I wasn't able to join you for Borrego fest (I found out too late). But already have it in my calendar to join next year.
On the trails planning maybe I haven't spent enough time playing around but it seems like most of the posts are old no?
I enjoyed the NET today!
Pablo

Unfortunately, several trail runs are planned outside the website, but we are working to get that fixed, at least as much as possible. I usually plan a 4-5 day trip each year and I post the planning threads on this website.

Since 2009, I have been doing an annual long term trip (sometimes referred to as expeditions or overlanding) which last anywhere from 8 days to around two weeks. We did miss a couple of years, but you can find the trip reports for the active years here: viewforum.php?f=118 . I usually post up about these trips at the beginning of each year. Check out the trip reports to see if that is something that would interest you.
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:33 am

Welcome to Outdoor Adventure USA, Pablo !!

You'll find a lot of friendly, knowledgeable folks on this site, so if you have any off-road or amateur radio related questions, or experiences you would like to share, please post them up :D
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

Return to “NEW MEMBER CHECK-IN”