Desert Rendezvous Event - March 15-17th

Post up and discuss any outdoor adventure or Amateur Radio related events
BigDave
Call Sign: KI6LYZ

Re: Desert Rendezvous Event - March 15-17th

Post by BigDave » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:41 pm

Scenic WonderRunner wrote:I hope to make it again this year. I read over on I H8 Mudd that several guys are going to meet at the Patton Museum on the I~10 just before the summit at 11am on Friday. Look around. Then head down to camp via the Red Canyon trail, just due south from there. They have a thread about it on Mudd.
I will be part of that group meeting at the Patton Museum

Dave those freqs sound great
Dave

KI6LYZ

"Shootin' trucks and snortin' dust"

BorregoWrangler

Post by BorregoWrangler » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:48 am

I've been sick this week but have been feeling better today. If it stays that way, we're planning on heading out early Saturday morning.
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

View all my trip reports here at my blog: GrahamCrackers

BorregoWrangler

Post by BorregoWrangler » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:04 am

-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

Scenic WonderRunner

Post by Scenic WonderRunner » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:22 pm

Hey John,

That was me that the rattle snake was found under my chair! Yikes! Mark Trump heard the small rattle sound from across the fire ring and said something. Then Mitch sitting next to me heard it, shined his flashlight under my chair and quickly yelled......Mark! Put your legs up there is a rattle snake Under Your Chair! You never knew how fast you can move until you have too! 8-)

It was a baby, but still alomt 16" long. I could not hear it because the sound was going out, not up. And it still had a very small rattle. Some pics should pop up at the other site soon. Glad I was not sitting there alone! Whew!

~Mark

BorregoWrangler

Post by BorregoWrangler » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:55 pm

Scenic WonderRunner wrote:Hey John,

That was me that the rattle snake was found under my chair! Yikes! Mark Trump heard the small rattle sound from across the fire ring and said something. Then Mitch sitting next to me heard it, shined his flashlight under my chair and quickly yelled......Mark! Put your legs up there is a rattle snake Under Your Chair! You never knew how fast you can move until you have too! 8-)

It was a baby, but still alomt 16" long. I could not hear it because the sound was going out, not up. And it still had a very small rattle. Some pics should pop up at the other site soon. Glad I was not sitting there alone! Whew!

~Mark
Yep, I remember you mentioning that to me around the campfire. Good thing it decided to move on. I was sure to do a quick check around the tent and camping gear before my girls headed off to bed that night. I'll be looking forward to seeing some photos!
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

Return to “GENERAL EVENT INFORMATION (NON-OAUSA)”