Wanting to get license

Amateur Radio roster and information on how to get licensed and upgraded for ham radio.
salad_man
Call Sign: KJ6GQS

Wanting to get license

Post by salad_man » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:10 pm

I would love to get my license, thanks to Ollie for letting me borrow his hand held ham radio on the truck haven run at Borrego Fest :D. Just wondering what it was gonna take and where to go, I am located in Rancho Cucamonga 91737 if that helps... Ha Ha, thanks.

Bert
93 4Runner, Land Crusier rear coils, BJ spacers up front, 33x12.50 bfg m/t, rear e-locker, armor
Call sign: KJ6GQS

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."
- Doc, Back to the Future

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Re: Wanting to get license

Post by cruiserlarry » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:18 pm

First you'll need some sort of study guide - many are available at ham radio stores and on-line, such as Gordon West's book for the Technician License test. After studying the material and getting familiar with it, go on-line to www.qrz.com (other sites are available as well) to take practice tests. Then, once you can get about 85% or so consistently, go to www.arrl.org and find the locationof a testing session in your area (or, at least, reasonably close :lol: ). Take the test, pass it, get your call sign, and start talking !!! EASY ! :mrgreen:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

salad_man
Call Sign: KJ6GQS

Re: Wanting to get license

Post by salad_man » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:35 pm

Sounds great, I wasnt sure if getting study material was easy or not. Ill get on that, I want my call sign :D

If you have any trouble finding it, we sell Gordon West's book at Dirty Parts :mrgreen: - it's $18.95 and worth every penny towards getting your license in an expedited manner. ;)
93 4Runner, Land Crusier rear coils, BJ spacers up front, 33x12.50 bfg m/t, rear e-locker, armor
Call sign: KJ6GQS

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."
- Doc, Back to the Future

Return to “AMATEUR RADIO LICENSING AND UPGRADES”