How long 'til 100 ???

Amateur Radio roster and information on how to get licensed and upgraded for ham radio.
Post Reply
User avatar
cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Posts: 2775
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:23 pm
Call Sign: W6LPB
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

How long 'til 100 ???

#1

Post by cruiserlarry » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:37 pm

Just updated the OAUSA Amateur Radio Operator Roster...we now have 73 hams listed !!!

Not bad for a group barely over 2 years old.... ;)

So, how long will it take us to get 100 active hams on board OAUSA ??? :mrgreen:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

User avatar
OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Posts: 2693
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:31 am
Call Sign: K6JYB
Location: Sweet Home Alabama!!!

Re: How long 'til 100 ???

#2

Post by OLLIE » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:40 pm

I like the idea of pushing for that goal. Striving for 100 active hams. :D
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)


APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)


http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan


CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

User avatar
cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Posts: 2775
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:23 pm
Call Sign: W6LPB
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: How long 'til 100 ???

#3

Post by cruiserlarry » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:24 pm

Who is serious about getting licensed ???

Let us know, and we will work to set up a testing session to accommodate as many OAUSA members as possible to close in on our goal of 100 active hams on board :D
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

User avatar
xtatik
Posts: 295
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:58 pm
Call Sign: K6ARW

Re: How long 'til 100 ???

#4

Post by xtatik » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:02 am

cruiserlarry wrote:Who is serious about getting licensed ???

Let us know, and we will work to set up a testing session to accommodate as many OAUSA members as possible to close in on our goal of 100 active hams on board :D
A worthy milestone....
Keyword is..."active". Could take a couple hundred licensed hams in order to assemble a hundred active hams. :lol:
Randy
K6ARW

User avatar
cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Posts: 2775
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:23 pm
Call Sign: W6LPB
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: How long 'til 100 ???

#5

Post by cruiserlarry » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:39 am

xtatik wrote:
cruiserlarry wrote:Who is serious about getting licensed ???

Let us know, and we will work to set up a testing session to accommodate as many OAUSA members as possible to close in on our goal of 100 active hams on board :D
A worthy milestone....
Keyword is..."active". Could take a couple hundred licensed hams in order to assemble a hundred active hams. :lol:
Agreed - so does that mean you'll be joining us on the Thurs OAUSA net ??? :mrgreen:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

User avatar
xtatik
Posts: 295
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:58 pm
Call Sign: K6ARW

Re: How long 'til 100 ???

#6

Post by xtatik » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:34 pm

cruiserlarry wrote:
xtatik wrote:
cruiserlarry wrote:Who is serious about getting licensed ???

Let us know, and we will work to set up a testing session to accommodate as many OAUSA members as possible to close in on our goal of 100 active hams on board :D
A worthy milestone....
Keyword is..."active". Could take a couple hundred licensed hams in order to assemble a hundred active hams. :lol:
Agreed - so does that mean you'll be joining us on the Thurs OAUSA net ??? :mrgreen:
I'm active on 20m nearly every day, but admittedly, I don't do FM very much. I should probably take time out and check into this net once in a while. We'll see....... :D
Randy
K6ARW

User avatar
smslavin
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:21 am
Call Sign: KJ6LDF
Location: In Transition
Contact:

Re: How long 'til 100 ???

#7

Post by smslavin » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:37 pm

Rebecca is off with Dillen and Roxy tomorrow for most of the day. I'll be taking Piper over to HRO tomorrow afternoon to pick up a few items. Hoping to get active and be on the net this Thursday. I have a photography gig in Riverside that evening at 5 so depending on timing, I might jump in on my drive home.
{ slavin photography | KJ6LDF }

User avatar
DaveK
Site Admin
Posts: 3244
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:33 am
Call Sign: K6DTK
Location: Southern California

Re: How long 'til 100 ???

#8

Post by DaveK » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:16 am

smslavin wrote:Rebecca is off with Dillen and Roxy tomorrow for most of the day. I'll be taking Piper over to HRO tomorrow afternoon to pick up a few items. Hoping to get active and be on the net this Thursday. I have a photography gig in Riverside that evening at 5 so depending on timing, I might jump in on my drive home.

We'll see you there!
DaveK
K6DTK


Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

Post Reply

Return to “AMATEUR RADIO LICENSING AND UPGRADES”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest