I'm so proud of my Wife!

Amateur Radio roster and information on how to get licensed and upgraded for ham radio.
Dub
Call Sign: KK6MBW

I'm so proud of my Wife!

Post by Dub » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:10 pm

She is passing practice, Technician tests consistently now. At least 85% and last night 34 out of 35. She's got the bug for sure. I taught her ohm's law. The relationship between power and dB's. She's memorized all of the schematic components. I think she's ready to take the test. Think I'll go for my General at the same time.

Dub

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Re: I'm so proud of my Wife!

Post by DaveK » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:59 pm

Dub

Great news!!!

I know the perfect location where you can both take your test, enjoy three days of camping and participate in some great trail runs - (Borrego Fest).
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Re: I'm so proud of my Wife!

Post by cruiserlarry » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:00 pm

Congratulations to your wife !!!

Ham radio can be an addicting hobby, and being involved in it together will make it easier to when it comes time to spend money on all the radio equipment you'll want to get :lol: :lol: :lol:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

Dub
Call Sign: KK6MBW

Update Re: I'm so proud of my Wife!

Post by Dub » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:52 pm

She couldn't wait and drove out to a test site in Escondido on Saturday and aced the test. 100%. Now she wants to study together and get our General's. She will check in on the net tomorrow night as a guest. Call sign KK6PET.

That's the good news.

The other news is we have all of next week off and she wants to do some cold, wilderness camping. We're going to head up to the high, eastern Sierras, beginning of the week. If we aren't totally pooped, we were thinking about breaking camp early Saturday morning and splittin off the 395 and making our way out to Borrego and spend the night if there is room for us.

Y'all will see us or you won't. :D

Dub KK6MBW

Return to “AMATEUR RADIO LICENSING AND UPGRADES”