New Book on Sky Art of Borrego Valley

Books for the outdoor adventurer
sunbeltpub

New Book on Sky Art of Borrego Valley

Post by sunbeltpub » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:22 pm

Ricardo Breceda: Accidental Artist by Diana Lindsay will be available Sept. 30, 2011.

The Sky Art of Ricardo Breceda is a popular attraction in Borrego Valley and a visit to the dinosaur sculptures makes for a great off-road adventure. There are also plenty of these sculptures to see near the main road including prehistoric mammals from the area's renowned fossil record, a couple of off-roaders tackling a rock mound, and a 300+ foot serpent rising from the desert floor (the latest installment).

Image ImageImage

If anyone is interested in reserving a copy of the book, they only need to email info@sunbeltpub.com and make sure they mention the 20% discount for OAUSA members. Otherwise, the book will be available on the website Sept. 30 and the code "Amigo20" will give the same discount.

Happy Trails!

Kara Murphy
Sunbelt Publications

For more info: http://www.sunbeltbook.com/BookDetails.asp?id=306

gon2srf

Re: New Book on Sky Art of Borrego Valley

Post by gon2srf » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:59 pm

Looking forward to seeing your new book and any new work Ricardo has done lately. His work is amazing and makes going to Borrego Springs that much more interesting.

BTW- I caught a minor error on the Sunbelt website. The "Forward" by Victor Villasenor should read : "Foreword" Maybe they can fix it for you. ;)
Image_Image_Image

sunbeltpub

Post by sunbeltpub » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:31 am

Thanks gon2srf. You are correct on that misspelling. I'll have to include that in our next batch of updates to the web designers!

OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:00 pm

I love these sculptures out there. I'd love to see him in the process of frabricating these structures.
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

gon2srf

Post by gon2srf » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:16 pm

OLLIE wrote:I love these sculptures out there. I'd love to see him in the process of fabricating these structures.
That would be cool to visit his shop/gallery. Must be a big place and mainly outdoors I would think?
Image_Image_Image

sunbeltpub

Post by sunbeltpub » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:18 pm

gon2srf wrote:
OLLIE wrote:I love these sculptures out there. I'd love to see him in the process of fabricating these structures.
That would be cool to visit his shop/gallery. Must be a big place and mainly outdoors I would think?
His gallery was in Perris, CA, though he is moving this month. It was known as "Perris Jurassic Park" because of all of the big dinosaur sculptures that loomed over the 215 on his property. You can read more about his move in this Press Enterprise article:http://www.pe.com/local-news/riverside- ... e-move.ece.

-Sunbelt

Return to “SUNBELT BOOKS”