2010 SummerFest Comms Plan

OAUSA's annual summer outdoor and Ham radio adventure.

Moderator: BorregoWrangler

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Re: 2010 SummerFest Comms Plan

Post by cruiserlarry » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:18 pm

DaveK wrote: I doubt that they would want us using their repeater to give out directions to a competing Big Bear Field Day operation.
So, are we going to have a "Battle of the (ham) Bands" ??? :lol:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

xtatik
Call Sign: K6ARW

Post by xtatik » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:37 pm

cruiserlarry wrote:
DaveK wrote: I doubt that they would want us using their repeater to give out directions to a competing Big Bear Field Day operation.
So, are we going to have a "Battle of the (ham) Bands" ??? :lol:
Well, it's like I said in an earlier post...This isn't supposed to be a contest buuuut.........I say we go for it and rack em' up. I think if all are serious enough and we handle our shifts at the rigs. We can beat....ahem, surpass what the BBARC accomplishes. I've got the 20m station dialed in with back-up/alternate antenna systems, filtering and such. We need handlers for 15, 40, 80, etc. I'm not as concerned about the WARCS (12 & 17) but it wouldn't hurt to activate them as well.
Randy
K6ARW

SteeevO
Call Sign: KF6WVM

Post by SteeevO » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:28 pm

We'll just be running 15, 20, 40, 80

We do need band managers for 15, 40 and 80.

I'd be willing to run 40 primarily, but we need more volunteers! Or at least a count of people who are at least interested in jumping on the radio while they are at camp and hopefully thats everyone! I know people are going to be wheeling and hiking too but we're going to need to work together on all of this.

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Post by DaveK » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:03 pm

NOTICE:

CALL IN FREQUENCY (use for directions to Field Day site and other instructions and information)
We have been given permission to use the the Keller Peak Repeater for Field Day as a call in frequency. PLEASE be courteous to other users and observe usual Repeater etiquette. Keller Repeater information: 146.385 + 146.2.

I have edited the beginning post in this thread, but wanted everyone to see this as a new post.
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

Return to “2010 SummerFest & Field Day (June 25 - 27, 2010)”