2010 BorregoFest General Discussion

2010 BorregoFest Planning Section
Cammo

Re: 2010 BorregoFest General Discussion

Post by Cammo » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:20 pm

Wifey says she wants to sleep in the car. Has anyone done this? Is there an FJ specific (or close enough) air mattress out there? Will the seats lay flat (got too much work crap in it to test)? Is the dam thing long enough?
W6SDF

Navy_FJ

Post by Navy_FJ » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:30 pm

Wow one more week until the full reports on the fest. I have deployed so much lately that I have been unable to keep up. I have been able to make this event over the last few years and it is always great. I am headed back to sea again on Fri for a few weeks but I look forward to hearing all the details. I hope to be back in the mix soon here in SoCal but I have not convinced my wife who is holding dash three hostage in her stomach to bring the other two boys out. Have fun out there all I look forward to wheelin again soon.

Jeremy

ssc

Post by ssc » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:01 pm

Jeremy,
Be safe and watch your 6.

Vaya Con Dios, Steve
FJ Mamba. Icon 2.5 front CO XT, Icon rear 2.5 with res, Icon UCA, AP sliders, Demello front bumper, AP Rear Bumper and skids. BFG KM-2 285-70-17. Warn winch. Don't forget the Puddy Cat!

2012 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 with BFG's, 05 4-Runner 4X4, BFG's, http://www.sscphoto.zenfolio.com
The other off road rig, the "License To Chill"

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:27 pm

Cammo wrote:Wifey says she wants to sleep in the car. Has anyone done this? Is there an FJ specific (or close enough) air mattress out there? Will the seats lay flat (got too much work crap in it to test)? Is the dam thing long enough?
Well, since I'm too long to sleep in the FJ, I can only provide physical observations.
The rear seats fold fairly flat, but there is a riser between the rear seats and the cargo area, so you'll want to put something down to level out the floor. The side windows do not open, so ventilation can be a challenge, too. The rear door does not have an inside release, so exiting the vehicle can be tough, too...
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

Arkarch
Call Sign: KF6VOM

Post by Arkarch » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:54 pm

Everyone have fun out there!

Back in June I agreed to help some coworkers out on the Ragnar Relay - and it is the same date as BorregoFest. Doh!

See you next year out on the trails!
2009 VR6 Alaska Gray VW Touareg + BFG 265/70/17's + Air Lift + 1 Locker
2006 V6 Colorado Red VW Touareg (Retired)
Images - http://picasaweb.google.com/KF6VOM

OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:35 pm

Cammo wrote:Wifey says she wants to sleep in the car. Has anyone done this? Is there an FJ specific (or close enough) air mattress out there? Will the seats lay flat (got too much work crap in it to test)? Is the dam thing long enough?
I've slept back there and know several people who do. You can fold up a comforter and put it on the cargo floor to make up the difference in height from that area to the flat seat. There is a company that makes a perfect mattress for back there but it's too close to the event to get it now. There is an air mattress that does pretty well back there but I can't remember which one. Ask this same question on the brown forum or the blue forum and you'll get a lot of hits on it.
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

Ken&Jill
Call Sign: K6KCE

Post by Ken&Jill » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:00 pm

Anybody going to be at the camp site on Thursday?
We will be in Julian in the late afternoon and could drive down if someone will be there to do the vech. inspection.
Looking forward to a great weekend!
Ken

OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:36 pm

Ken&Jill wrote:Anybody going to be at the camp site on Thursday?
We will be in Julian in the late afternoon and could drive down if someone will be there to do the vech. inspection.
Looking forward to a great weekend!
Ken
We can't officially be there until until noon on Friday. Most of the one's authorized to do the inspections are planning to be there at noon on Friday or just before.
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

ssc

Post by ssc » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:05 am

We are staying in Julian, Fri and Sat. If you see us, give us a shout. Probably pull into town around 4. In case of a shout, I will have the CB on channel 4.

Regards, Steve
FJ Mamba. Icon 2.5 front CO XT, Icon rear 2.5 with res, Icon UCA, AP sliders, Demello front bumper, AP Rear Bumper and skids. BFG KM-2 285-70-17. Warn winch. Don't forget the Puddy Cat!

2012 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 with BFG's, 05 4-Runner 4X4, BFG's, http://www.sscphoto.zenfolio.com
The other off road rig, the "License To Chill"

Return to “2010 BorregoFest Planning (October 22 - 24, 2010)”