Friday BorregoFest Run (Mud Caves Exploration)

2010 BorregoFest Planning Section
Zam15
Call Sign: Zam

Re: Friday BorregoFest Run (Mud Caves Exploration)

Post by Zam15 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:03 am

Just a heads up, I have read that it can be hazardous to explore the mud caves after it rains. It has been raining on and off all week and should continue until thursday/friday. :| I am sure it will be fine but it's good to think about what condition the caves might be in by the end of the week.
Derek ___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡̲̲̲͡͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̡̡̡̲ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.____
2004 Tacoma Double Cab
ARB Bulbar, Allpro Sliders. TRD, 4x4, BFG KM 255/85-16, OME 882, Nitrocharger Sport, Dakar HD, N85, RTT, Safari Rack, Snugtop, Homemade Awning

BorregoWrangler

Post by BorregoWrangler » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:49 pm

Zam15 wrote:Just a heads up, I have read that it can be hazardous to explore the mud caves after it rains. It has been raining on and off all week and should continue until thursday/friday. :| I am sure it will be fine but it's good to think about what condition the caves might be in by the end of the week.
That's a good point. Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure the run leader will make a judgment call on that one depending on conditions.

I am wondering if the deserts are getting any rain with the amount we've been getting here in town. At least it would keep the dust down.

As for the caves, we've had a group here explore them just after a heavy rain. Here's the link to the trip report: http://www.oausa.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=985
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

View all my trip reports here at my blog: GrahamCrackers

OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:27 pm

BorregoWrangler wrote:
Zam15 wrote:Just a heads up, I have read that it can be hazardous to explore the mud caves after it rains. It has been raining on and off all week and should continue until thursday/friday. :| I am sure it will be fine but it's good to think about what condition the caves might be in by the end of the week.
That's a good point. Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure the run leader will make a judgment call on that one depending on conditions.

I am wondering if the deserts are getting any rain with the amount we've been getting here in town. At least it would keep the dust down.

As for the caves, we've had a group here explore them just after a heavy rain. Here's the link to the trip report: http://www.oausa.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=985
I will be contacting the ranger tomorrow. If the rain is an issue we will merge this run with the Coyote Canyon run. It is supposed to be/have been raining in the desert Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and clear up for a beautiful three day weekend in the desert. My hope is that the rain will be just enough to keep the dust down.
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:31 pm

Due to ongoing rain in the area I am making the call to scrub this run. In light of BorregoWrangler's situation as well, I am going to merge this run with the Coyote Canyon run. If you do not care to join us in Coyote Canyon then other arrangements can be made. Coyote Canyon should be managable by most stock SUV's. Sorry for the inconvenience but we all need to put sfaety first.
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

Desperado

Post by Desperado » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:44 pm

Desparado would like to sign up! ie) Ron Budd w/ LD Cruiser

SP Jon M3
Call Sign: KJ6IRM

Post by SP Jon M3 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:09 pm

Heu Ollie, can you put me down for this one as well.. Thanks
Jon - KJ6IRM
'08 4Runner - Icon suspension, Dual battery, ARB Firdge, Demello sliders, Yaesu FTM-350R and FT-857d

Return to “2010 BorregoFest Planning (October 22 - 24, 2010)”