Date: Sunday, October 23, 2010
Time: 9:00 AM to Noon
Levels: tests for all levels of Amateur Radio will be offered.
Location: Campground at Stage Coach Trails RV Resort, 7878 great Southern Overland Stage Route of 1849, Julian, CA 92036 (760) 765-3765
In order to effectively plan for this, we will need to get an idea of how many would like to participate. If you think you will be testing, please post here and we will add your name to the list.
Because we will be testing at the campsite, it will be necessary to review Hector's recommendations here:
You have worked hard on studying for your FCC Amateur Radio License. Here is what we need to take the next step into the world of Amateur Radio.
Most of our testing sessions will be at remote locations; we may not have the facilities to research or create copies of FCC required documentation. Therefore it is very important to bring the items and documents requested in this message.
Several days before the test session please go on-line and register for your FCC FRN (FCC Registration Number). The FCC will require either an FRN or Social Security Number in order to process your license application. While we can process your application with your Social Security number, we would prefer not to do so, due to the sensitive nature of those 9 numbers.
It is easy to obtain your FRN is via the FCC website https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do then click on the yellow “Register” button and fill in the requested information.
All License Candidates please bring:
- A legal photo identification card or 2 of the following Non-photo ID/driver's license; Social Security Card; Birth certificate (must have the appropriate seal); Minor’s work permit, school report card, school ID card or library card; Utility bill, bank statement or other business correspondence that specifically names the person; Postmarked envelope addressed to the person at his or her current mailing address as it appears on the Form 605.
- Your FCC assigned FRN number or Social Security Number.
- $15.00 cash for your testing fees. Please provide exact change.
- A blue or black ink pen and a pencil or two for taking the exams.
- If you wish, you may use calculator. If it is a programmable you must demonstrate that the memories have been cleared.
- If you are currently licensed, bring an original and photocopy of your Amateur Radio license or you may also print out a reference copy from the FCC Universal Licensing Service website. http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSear ... icense.jsp
- If you have any unexpired (less than 365 days old) Certificates of Successful Completion of an Exam (CSCE) session that you will be using to apply for an upgrade.(this is not likely since code requirement has been eliminated) please bring an Original and a Photocopy of Certificates of Successful Completion of an Exam (CSCE) that you may be using to apply for an upgrade.
There is enough time to prepare to either get that first license or to upgrade. Good luck!!