Bass Pro Shop Meet and Greet - Vehicle Display

Archives for past sponsored events, including event planning and event reports
cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Bass Pro Shop Meet and Greet - Vehicle Display

Post by cruiserlarry » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:41 pm

If you are coming to the BPS event, and would like to display your vehicle, or have a mobile ham station to demonstrate at BPS, please sign up here.

OAUSA will have two rows of parking reserved for us to display vehicles and equipment at the Ham Testing / Meet & Greet on October 10th.

I would like to plan parking in this area to minimize confusion and maximize our exposure at BPS. We will also have a table for info / handouts, and a ham station for demonstration in this area.

I will be consolidating this info as it is posted, and be listing participants here.

While I know things come up, I ask everyone who posts here to try hard to honor their commitment, which help to guarantee this as another successful OAUSA event.

1. Dave (DaveK) - Hummer H2 ,VHF/UHF/HF/APRS/Computer
2. Larry (cruiserlarry)- FJ Cruiser, VHF/UHF/HF/APRS/Computer
3. Bruce (NotaMog) - Pinzgauer, VHF/UHF/APRS (MAYBE)
4. Frank (unwiredadventures) - FZJ80, VHF/UHF/HF/APRS/Computer/Satellite Internet
5. Hector (hmfigueroa) - FJ Cruiser, VHF/UHF/HF/APRS/Computer
6. Jon Bryan - 09 4Runner - no radio yet (testing ??? :) )
7. Charles (hawkeye) - Toy FZJ80 - ??
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

hawkeye
Call Sign: hawkeye

Re: Bass Pro Shop Meet and Greet - Vehicle Display

Post by hawkeye » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:58 pm

I am trying to make it. I dont really have any cool Coms other the CB. If possible I would like to park next to Unwiredaventure So that his rig looks better :)

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Post by DaveK » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:36 pm

hawkeye wrote:I am trying to make it. I dont really have any cool Coms other the CB. If possible I would like to park next to Unwiredaventure So that his rig looks better :)

Charles:

Don't worry, we'll find a spot for you. Glad to hear that you will make it.
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

cowboy4x4
Call Sign: KI6OBK

Post by cowboy4x4 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:33 am

I dont know if you are aware of this or not but you scheduled this event on the same day as the Offroad Expo. Expo goes for 3 days but saturday is their big day.
KI6OBK....A BAD DAY EXPLORING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK

DaveK
Site Admin

Post by DaveK » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:21 pm

cowboy4x4 wrote:I dont know if you are aware of this or not but you scheduled this event on the same day as the Offroad Expo. Expo goes for 3 days but saturday is their big day.

We became aware of the scheduling issue quite some time ago. This event started off as just an Amateur Radio testing session but since we had such a terrific turnout last time, we decided to make it a meet and greet as well. We figured that the guys that want to do the Offroad Expo can come visit us afterwards since we will be there all day (9-10). And, we have the advantage of having the Bass Pro Shops at our disposal all day.
DaveK
K6DTK

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:53 pm

cowboy4x4 wrote:I dont know if you are aware of this or not but you scheduled this event on the same day as the Offroad Expo. Expo goes for 3 days but saturday is their big day.
So, Thomas, are you going to be able to make it out to BPS ?

Or are you hanging with the riff-raff at the Offroad Expo ? :lol:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

unwiredadventures
Call Sign: KG6JVE

Post by unwiredadventures » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:18 pm

The Offroad Expo is a great event. I've attended the Offroad Expo for many years. I always enjoy driving an FJ or Tacoma at the Toyota driving course. After attending all these years, I just don't see much new or different from year to year.

The Meet and Greet should be a great event.
'97 Land Cruiser FZJ80

Trip Photos | Twitter

ssc

Post by ssc » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:28 pm

I am going to try to make it. What time is everyone to arrive? I, like Hawkeye only have a CB. I also know for a fact, that whoever is parked next to me will look good! :D

So Larry, if I show up and take the ham test--and pass it, are you going to install my new ham radio there in the parking lot? Maybe a few lights while you are at it? :lol: :lol:

Regards, Steve AKA SSC
FJ Mamba. Icon 2.5 front CO XT, Icon rear 2.5 with res, Icon UCA, AP sliders, Demello front bumper, AP Rear Bumper and skids. BFG KM-2 285-70-17. Warn winch. Don't forget the Puddy Cat!

2012 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 with BFG's, 05 4-Runner 4X4, BFG's, http://www.sscphoto.zenfolio.com
The other off road rig, the "License To Chill"

DaveK
Site Admin

Post by DaveK » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:47 pm

ssc wrote:So Larry, if I show up and take the ham test--and pass it, are you going to install my new ham radio there in the parking lot? Maybe a few lights while you are at it? :lol: :lol:

Regards, Steve AKA SSC

Steve, that is an excellent idea. Do you have the books to study for the exam?
DaveK
K6DTK

ssc

Post by ssc » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:23 pm

I do not have any study books. I suspect I would need a few. If I flunked the test, everyone could use me as a bad example. 8-)

Regards, Steve
FJ Mamba. Icon 2.5 front CO XT, Icon rear 2.5 with res, Icon UCA, AP sliders, Demello front bumper, AP Rear Bumper and skids. BFG KM-2 285-70-17. Warn winch. Don't forget the Puddy Cat!

2012 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 with BFG's, 05 4-Runner 4X4, BFG's, http://www.sscphoto.zenfolio.com
The other off road rig, the "License To Chill"

Return to “OAUSA SPONSORED EVENT ARCHIVES”