2011 Field Day Volunteer Operator List

We'll plan the 2011 SummerFest event here. Threads will be started as we get closer to the event. This event will include an Amateur Radio testing session.
xtatik
Call Sign: K6ARW

Re: 2011 Field Day Volunteer Operator List

Post by xtatik » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:04 pm

cruiserlarry wrote:If I've got this right, we'll be focusing on 3 bands - 15m, 20m, and 40m ?

Seems like we'll have plenty of radios, and we should have plenty of operators / assistants to keep them running for the full 24 hours...this should be awesome !!!

I picked up a couple of 50' coax cables, and 4 extra coax couplers, along with an Alinco DM-330MVT power supply today, too...
Yep, the idea is to not burn out like we did last year. If we can run 24 hrs. our score should improve over last on this issue alone. Dave had asked me the other day which was more desirable....having four stations run for fewer hours or fewer stations running for more hours? IMO, it's the latter. The more teams (2-person)we have the better we can schedule. We can be rested and fed between shifts, and back on radios in turn. This is the idea, and this year we need to have more coffee available......critical!
Good going on the equipment thing Larry. Funny, I think I have plenty of kwax...but I picked up some barrel connctors today as well.......4 of them.
Randy
K6ARW

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:56 am

xtatik wrote:Yep, the idea is to not burn out like we did last year. If we can run 24 hrs. our score should improve over last on this issue alone. Dave had asked me the other day which was more desirable....having four stations run for fewer hours or fewer stations running for more hours? IMO, it's the latter.
I agree...plus I think we'll have more fun with more folks in a closer proximity and constant operation...especially if I can get my station near the others this time :lol:

Time for everyone to step up and volunteer to help out with radio ops...you can help log contacts, work the radios, provide refreshments and massages :mrgreen: , or just keep those at the stations company...but you'll have more fun if you get involved !!!
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member

Post by cruiserlarry » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:09 pm

I have confirmation that I will be able to borrow a Honda 2000 inverter generator for Field Day, along with a linking cable if needed. :D
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

xtatik

Post by xtatik » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:31 pm

cruiserlarry wrote:I have confirmation that I will be able to borrow a Honda 2000 inverter generator for Field Day, along with a linking cable if needed. :D
THAT, is killer news. With two, we are set.
Randy
K6ARW

OLLIE
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:49 pm

So we are set with gennies then? I've been trying to get my hands on one but haven't had any luck.
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member

Post by cruiserlarry » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:51 pm

xtatik wrote:
cruiserlarry wrote:I have confirmation that I will be able to borrow a Honda 2000 inverter generator for Field Day, along with a linking cable if needed. :D
THAT, is killer news. With two, we are set.

Who has the second generator ?

I also just picked up an Array Solutions 40m 200w band pass filter (it was a great deal, and I figure might come in handy if one fails....

W6LPB / WPOK492

michael
Call Sign: KI6JFU

Post by michael » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:01 pm

I just signed up for the 'fest and will be arriving on Friday. I recently passed the Extra exam but I have zero HF experience. I'll make coffee or empty the trash in exchange for watching how the experts do HF :)

I have a 10'X10' shade awning... would it be helpful to bring it?
Time to stop talking about it and just go do it!

OLLIE
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:14 pm

michael wrote:I just signed up for the 'fest and will be arriving on Friday. I recently passed the Extra exam but I have zero HF experience. I'll make coffee or empty the trash in exchange for watching how the experts do HF :)

I have a 10'X10' shade awning... would it be helpful to bring it?
Michael,

The more awnings the better. We can all take turns rotating in and out of each of the stations. This should e a great time. :)
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member

Post by cruiserlarry » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:43 pm

michael wrote:I recently passed the Extra exam but I have zero HF experience. I'll make coffee or empty the trash in exchange for watching how the experts do HF :)
Congrats on earning your Extra ticket :D

You may come to Summer fest with zero HF experience, but you don't have to leave that way :mrgreen: Sign up to work any of the stations - you'll have a blast. Resident experts Randy (xtatic) and Hector (hmfigueroa) will take you through the steps, and you'll be logging contacts in no time at all !!! You are certainly welcome to help me on 40m... ;)

W6LPB / WPOK492

xtatik

Post by xtatik » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:48 pm

cruiserlarry wrote:Who has the second generator ?
Doh, I must've misunderstood.....I thought that counted for second one you'd be bringing....Back to the hunt for another gennie.
Randy
K6ARW

Return to “2011 SummerFest & Field Day Planning (June 24-26, 2011)”