2011 BorregoFest General Feedback

This forum is to share your experiences at the event, post up pictures, or just have some general discussion about how BorregoFest went.
OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

2011 BorregoFest General Feedback

Post by OLLIE » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:34 pm

If you have some general feedback you might want to share concerning event organization or things that don't necessarily fit in one of the other threads, please do it here. Please keep feedback constructive. :D
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

wb6twl
Call Sign: WB6TWL

Re: 2011 BorregoFest General Feedback

Post by wb6twl » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:40 am

Had a great time. Especially at the raffle! Looking forward to next year.
Steve
WB6TWL
WQXY603

My 4x4 Ford Ranger is NOT a Jeep and it doesn't pretend to be one....It doesn't need to!

OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:08 am

wb6twl wrote:Had a great time. Especially at the raffle! Looking forward to next year.
We're very happy that this was a positive experience for you Steve and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:07 pm

Well, I know I'm biased, but I thought 2011 Borregofest was the best one yet...

From the large group that showed up on Friday, Borregofest was off to a good start. Ollie led us on a run out to the Mud Caves, an amazing site for those who haven't been... then we had the fantastic presentation from Diana Lindsay on the Ricardo Beceda sculptures...

Saturday started early, and we headed out for a terrific day on the trails, getting back to camp in time to get ready for the pot-luck dinner - and quite a spread was put out by the entire crew. Some incredible fare - no one left hungry Saturday night.

And Sunday was the amateur radio testing session, which drew folks in from San Diego who weren't even attending Borregofest. Then it was on to the raffle, where I had the opportunity to give out some spectacular prizes to some lucky participants.

Every one got packed up, said their good-byes, and some of us made one last trip - touring through Borrego Springs to see the sculptures we learned about Friday night...

No trail tragedies, no camp incidents, great weather all weekend - yeah, definitely the best Borrgegofest so far, IMO :mrgreen:

Thank you to everyone who joined us at Stagecoach Trails for making it so much fun.... ;)
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

CactusJK
Call Sign: K7JNZ

Post by CactusJK » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:54 am

I think Larry nailed it. What an unbelievable event and chance to share and learn with friends. I will definitely be participating next year and hope we can come up with a few more events like this throughout the year.
[size=150]K7JNZ[/size]

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:29 pm

CactusJK wrote:I think Larry nailed it. What an unbelievable event and chance to share and learn with friends. I will definitely be participating next year and hope we can come up with a few more events like this throughout the year.
Jeff, it was awesome you were finally were able to make it all the way out here for Borregofest. It was great to see you again - look forward to the next event :D
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

skersfan

Post by skersfan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:10 pm

Man I just found this thread.

Had a great time, had expected a lot of wind and it was perfect. The pot luck was amazing and that Dutch oven cake was to die for. Headed back down to Borrego next weekend and then down in the winter months to check out the metal sculputres.

Thanks Ollie, Larry and Dave for putting on a great event.

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Post by DaveK » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:45 pm

skersfan wrote:Man I just found this thread.

Had a great time, had expected a lot of wind and it was perfect. The pot luck was amazing and that Dutch oven cake was to die for. Headed back down to Borrego next weekend and then down in the winter months to check out the metal sculputres.

Thanks Ollie, Larry and Dave for putting on a great event.

Bob:

You are very welcome and we're glad you enjoyed the weekend. Thanks for bringing your trailer.
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

Return to “2011 BorregoFest Event Reports”