Redondo Beach Meet & Greet

Our Annual Meet and Greet will be at this new location in Redondo Beach. A great setting to get together.
hmfigueroa

Re: Redondo Beach Meet & Greet

Post by hmfigueroa » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:39 pm

DaveK wrote:The wire antenna might be a challenge, but we may be able to string it on top of the pop-ups. Hector - will that work?
mmmm, maybe not so much, likely too much a safety hazard.

X_Trippin
Call Sign: KJ6RST

Post by X_Trippin » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:14 am

Hi Guys, I'll give you a quick introduction to who I am. My name is Dominic and I'm good friends with Steevo from Rugged Rocks. Last October I passed my tech exam and picked up an Yaesu FT1900 single band radio and mounted it up in my truck. In December I hit some cattle out in the Jawbone Canyon area and in the process somehow sent a voltage spike into my radio and blew out the diode in the power circiut. I have tried to fix it myself but unfortunetely I don't have a high powered soldering iron to desolder the connections. So, if I can supply a generator, a table and a few chairs, would somebody else be interested in helping me replace the burned out diode on my radio?

Oh BTW, I live in Redondo Beach. Thanks and nice to meet you all.
KJ6RST ~ Yaesu FT-1900R HAM
2007 Nissan Xterra S 4WD Midnight Blue ~ 285/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armour ~ Shrock Skids-n-Sliders ~ PRG Spacers & AAL ~ Nissan Off-Road Bilstein Shocks ~ Midland CB ~ TAG Front Winch Bumper

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Post by DaveK » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:11 am

Dominic:

Welcome. We look forward to seeing you at the Meet & Greet. As you may know, Steeevo will be there. When you get a chance, visit our new members section and introduce yourself and your vehicle.

At this point our greatest need is chairs and we will take as many we can get. How many do you have in mind?

As far as soldering, we'll have to wait to see if we have any members with the right equipment, and skills.

Thanks !
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

X_Trippin
Call Sign: KJ6RST

Post by X_Trippin » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:43 am

DaveK wrote:Dominic:

Welcome. We look forward to seeing you at the Meet & Greet. As you may know, Steeevo will be there. When you get a chance, visit our new members section and introduce yourself and your vehicle.

At this point our greatest need is chairs and we will take as many we can get. How many do you have in mind?

As far as soldering, we'll have to wait to see if we have any members with the right equipment, and skills.

Thanks !

Sounds good, I'll do that. As far as chairs go, I can bring about a half dozen outdoor patio chairs(about all that would fit in my truck), you know like the white plastic kind.
KJ6RST ~ Yaesu FT-1900R HAM
2007 Nissan Xterra S 4WD Midnight Blue ~ 285/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armour ~ Shrock Skids-n-Sliders ~ PRG Spacers & AAL ~ Nissan Off-Road Bilstein Shocks ~ Midland CB ~ TAG Front Winch Bumper

adventureduo
Call Sign: Ki6LBB

Post by adventureduo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:54 am

We'll be attending and will be displaying our Expedition outfitted Landcruiser 80 Series and So-Cal Teardrop Krawler 459 trailer.

See you all there!
Dave and Yoshi [Ki6LBB]
http://www.adventureduo.com
1993 Toyota Landcruiser 80 Series
2010 SCT Krawler 459 Teardrop
2004 Suzuki DRZ400s
1969 Honda Trail90
1978 Honda Trail90
Pack it in Pack it out!! >>>>>> http://www.trasharoo.com

DaveK
Site Admin

Post by DaveK » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:21 pm

X_Trippin wrote:
DaveK wrote:Dominic:

Thanks !

Sounds good, I'll do that. As far as chairs go, I can bring about a half dozen outdoor patio chairs(about all that would fit in my truck), you know like the white plastic kind.
Dominic:

We'll take 'em. Thanks!
DaveK
K6DTK

DaveK
Site Admin

Post by DaveK » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:21 pm

adventureduo wrote:We'll be attending and will be displaying our Expedition outfitted Landcruiser 80 Series and So-Cal Teardrop Krawler 459 trailer.

See you all there!

Dave and Yosh:

You're logged in. See you there!
DaveK
K6DTK

Willie H
Call Sign: KJ6HEJ

Post by Willie H » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:53 am

Family will be out of town, So I'm going to try and make! It will nice to see you guys again before I leave Cali! So... tentatively I'll have my FJ up there. It's changed a little since most of you saw it last. ;)
KJ6HEJ
"So...Is this a response to a failed government"
FJ

DaveK
Site Admin

Post by DaveK » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:21 am

Willie H wrote:Family will be out of town, So I'm going to try and make! It will nice to see you guys again before I leave Cali! So... tentatively I'll have my FJ up there. It's changed a little since most of you saw it last. ;)

Willie:

We have you logged in.

So....it's time to leave CA, eh? Where to?
DaveK
K6DTK

DaveK
Site Admin

Post by DaveK » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:17 pm

BUMP

We still need about 10 chairs. Volunteers?
DaveK
K6DTK

Return to “2012 Ruby's Diner Meet and Greet - Redondo Beach CA -March 17, 2012”