2012 Field Day Volunteer Operator and Equipment List

We will plan our SummerFest activities and Amateur Radio Field Day Event here. This the weekend we contest for points on the HF air waves, camp, and wheel.
DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Re: 2012 Field Day Volunteer Operator and Equipment List

Post by DaveK » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:38 am

SP Jon M3 wrote:
DaveK wrote:Jon had suggested that we do a dry-run to set up the new masts and that sounded like a good idea. Jon - if you want to see if we can set up a time before FD, let's do it.
Anyone available this weekend? If so what days are available?

Also, should we register on the ARRL website with the location of our event (I'm not referring to the testing)?

http://www.arrl.org/field-day-locator

Registering the FD location may be dicey. The campsite has no address or PO Box. When I registered the testing session, I had these problems. The first person I spoke to would not let us provide a link to our site where driving directions and GPS coordinates were listed. On my second try, I was successful and if you look at the test information, you will see a link to our website. If you want to give it a shot with GPS coordinates or driving directions, go for it.

Saturday should be OK for a practice mast set-up.
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

hmfigueroa

2012 Field Day Volunteer Operator and Equipment List

Post by hmfigueroa » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:43 pm

cruiserlarry wrote:
hmfigueroa wrote:The mast system works extremely well in the wind. I used the supplied stakes, with the supplied guy rings and paracord for the guys.

The only additional purchases I made were some paracord, some sandbags to lay over the tripod legs for when the mast is erected, and several snaphooks like this

Any chance Dave, Jon, and I can talk you into picking up a set of whatever else we need (minus the cord) for our masts ? It would definitely save us time figuring out what to use, and where to get it... :P
So three sets are needed? Let me know and I can pick them up.

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:33 pm

hmfigueroa wrote:
cruiserlarry wrote:Any chance Dave, Jon, and I can talk you into picking up a set of whatever else we need (minus the cord) for our masts ? It would definitely save us time figuring out what to use, and where to get it... :P
So three sets are needed? Let me know and I can pick them up.
Yeah, I say yes. It certainly can't hurt to have extras, so I'll cover the cost if the other gents don't need them...
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

SteeevO
Call Sign: KF6WVM

Post by SteeevO » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:13 pm

everyone that is bringing a laptop for logging on field day, please make sure you have the latest version of N3FJP NETWORK Field Day Log Installed which is found here: http://n3fjp.ky1v.com/FDNET26.exe

Return to “2012 SummerFest / Field Day(June 22nd - 24th, 2012)”