MultiPlatform Network Field Day Log

This forum is for technical questions, advice, and general communications discussions, including alternative communications devices such as CB, GMRS and FRS.
SteeevO
Call Sign: KF6WVM

MultiPlatform Network Field Day Log

Post by SteeevO » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:57 am

I have an idea. I'd like to make (with others help if interested) a field day logging software that is operated through a web browser. The webpage that would be accessed wouldn't be live on the web, but hosted on a local server in the form of a modified travel router. Right now for the router i'm looking at the RavPower WD-02. I'm looking at this router because it has an onboard rechargable battery wich wold help eliminate routerreboots in the event of someone tripping on a cord, generator running out a fuel etc. One of the things I wish it had is an external antenna, However upon further investigation, it look like the PCB has a spot to solder on a coax connector (as seen here: https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/ravpower/rp-wd02)

This would mean easy plug and play operation for stations getting set up on field day without special software to get going while eliminating the need to install software and making the networking part of field day logging easier. it would also mean it's cross platform compatible. (Windowz, Mac, Linux, smart devices etc.) My goal is to have the vast majority of the features as a regular desktop field day logger such as logging, editing log, live stats with contact rate and colored map, group chat, etc. The router would have both wired and wireless connections. As soon as a user connects to the network and opens their browser, they would immediately be directed to the proper webpage application.
Below is an example of the stats page I've started putting together. I need to generate a new map of the US with the ARRL Sections and the graph currently in there is just an example. This will be built with the intention of running on an apache web server, php, sqlite, and will require lots of javascript.
I'm thinking about making this an opensource project on github. Let me know what you guys think and if anyone would like to help put this together.
FDLog.png
FDLog.png (1.45 MiB) Viewed 138 times

Hmfigueroa
Call Sign: Ke6vrl

Re: MultiPlatform Network Field Day Log

Post by Hmfigueroa » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:03 am

Don't forget dupe checking and log output/score calculation.

Sounds like a great project.

Hector

Return to “COMMUNICATIONS GENERAL DISCUSSION”