Low Power HF Operations

This forum is for technical questions, advice, and general communications discussions, including alternative communications devices such as CB, GMRS and FRS.
hmfigueroa

Low Power HF Operations

Post by hmfigueroa » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:47 am

A recent qrp contact using a Yaesu FT-817 and an end fed dipole.

OLLIE
Call Sign: K6JYB

Re: Low Power HF Operations

Post by OLLIE » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:05 am

THat's awesome Hector. When did you get the 817? I've looked at those several time but never picked bought one. :D
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

hmfigueroa

Post by hmfigueroa » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:22 am

I have had it a few years, great little radio.

xtatik
Call Sign: K6ARW

Post by xtatik » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:37 pm

Great job Hector! QRP can be fun. Just a tip....Next time you might let them know early in the QSO that you're operating QRP. Good operators will give you all the time and attention necessary for the contact....Not that this operator didn't....he did a FB job in picking you up.
BTW, what band were you on and what were ya' doin' in Grants Pass? Were you headed for Shorty's place? My dad is headed there for some type of get-together.
Randy
K6ARW

hmfigueroa

Post by hmfigueroa » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:15 pm

It was on 40 meters 7.130.

Darlene kl0yc is a yl and a very good operator. I usually hold back on the qrp info, until we get into station info. I find it funny when operating kw stations :D

My beautiful bride's parents live in Grants Pass we were out there to visit. We were there the week before the Winsystem campout so I was not out there for that but a had some friends that were going out there for that but it was closer to the coast.

My mother and father-in-law have 5 acres out there I really need to make up a 160 meter antenna :D

Return to “COMMUNICATIONS GENERAL DISCUSSION”