New CQ Magazine article on 4WD and Ham Radio

This forum is for technical questions, advice, and general communications discussions, including alternative communications devices such as CB, GMRS and FRS.
taugust
Call Sign: KG6WFV

New CQ Magazine article on 4WD and Ham Radio

Post by taugust » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:22 pm

I just received this pdf copy of an article written by a friend of mine that appears in CQ Magazine, June 2014.

Dave K and I supplied him with some photos and content. The photo of the testing session at American Adventurist Desert Rendezvous 2014 even made the cover. Good promotion of ham radio and our groups and activities.
Attachments
CQ Article about 4WD Hams.pdf
(406.9 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
Tim
KG6WFV

"It wasn't me... I didn't do it... Nobody saw me do it... You can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clarke

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 V6 Extra Cab

Tuff Country 5" Lift, King Coilovers, BFG MT's on Black Steel, Onboard Air, Dual Batteries, High Output Alternator, Engel Fridge, Yaesu 857D All Band Amatuer Radio, Custom Skid and Sliders

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Re: New CQ Magazine article on 4WD and Ham Radio

Post by DaveK » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:42 pm

Tim

Thanks for posting this and letting OAUSA be a part of the article.

So........................can we offer an opportunity to upgrade to Extra at Summer Fest?
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:14 am

DaveK wrote:Tim

Thanks for posting this and letting OAUSA be a part of the article.

So........................can we offer an opportunity to upgrade to Extra at Summer Fest?
Go for it !!! :mrgreen:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

taugust
Call Sign: KG6WFV

Post by taugust » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:04 am

That comment about studying for my Extra was true about 2 years ago. And the one about being respected... well it just goes to show that you can't believe everything you read.

As for Summerfest, I can't commit. I quit my job a month+ ago, went through 4 weeks of truck driving school. I passed my DMV exams last Thursday for my class A license. Now I am looking for a driving job. Once that starts, I will be gone for 3 to 6 weeks in training. I am going to delay (if possible) till after the 21st to finish my term with TDS, but I don't want to push it past that. I need to start working again. If it works out, I will be there.
Tim
KG6WFV

"It wasn't me... I didn't do it... Nobody saw me do it... You can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clarke

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 V6 Extra Cab

Tuff Country 5" Lift, King Coilovers, BFG MT's on Black Steel, Onboard Air, Dual Batteries, High Output Alternator, Engel Fridge, Yaesu 857D All Band Amatuer Radio, Custom Skid and Sliders

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Post by DaveK » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:26 am

Tim

We wish you the very best of luck with the job!!! Hope to see you at Summer Fest.

BTW, we read the article and know it's true.
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

Return to “COMMUNICATIONS GENERAL DISCUSSION”