Pathfinder was stolen, recovered minus a few things

This forum is for technical questions, advice, and general communications discussions, including alternative communications devices such as CB, GMRS and FRS.
SteeevO
Call Sign: KF6WVM

Pathfinder was stolen, recovered minus a few things

Post by SteeevO » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:07 am

Last week the pathfinder was taken from our apartment complex and was gone for a few days without me knowing. It may have even be taken while we were out of town for shot show. It's usually parked in an area of the property where I don't see it unless I'm driving it.

The good thing it that it was found in Rialto. The truck itself is in good condition minus the interior that was taken apart to remove my ham radio (ft-8100), GPS (lowrance hds 5m), and stereo. Other loose items were taken as well such as sleeping bags, coffee makers, my ammo can with recovery equipment, Tire deflaters & pressure gauge, Odyssey battery, and potentially my ham box for field day which may be in storage (checking today)

I just feel really crappy and violated. I'm talking with the insurance adjuster today and although insurance can write a check for lost items, replacements won't be the same. I'd really like my ft-8100 back. I've had it for a very long time and I had the pathfinder setup the way I liked it.
I do have serial numbers for the radio and the GPS if anyone can provide advise on how to report these things in a way to possibly get them back.
Also if anyone can keep an eye out on websites like eBay, Craigslist etc for the radio, I'd be very grateful. They are rare these days.
Attachments
IMG_20180129_210043.jpg
IMG_20180129_210043.jpg (1.45 MiB) Viewed 233 times
part0_5.jpg
part0_5.jpg (566.28 KiB) Viewed 233 times
part0_6.jpg
part0_6.jpg (912.98 KiB) Viewed 233 times
part0_7.jpg
part0_7.jpg (722.91 KiB) Viewed 233 times
part0_8.jpg
part0_8.jpg (933.39 KiB) Viewed 233 times
part0_9.jpg
part0_9.jpg (898.52 KiB) Viewed 233 times
part0_10.jpg
part0_10.jpg (691.58 KiB) Viewed 233 times

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Re: Pathfinder was stolen, recovered minus a few things

Post by DaveK » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:06 am

A FEW THINGS????

WOW! So very sorry to hear what happened. We know how much work went into your truck to make it the perfect build. I have too many questions, but here are a few:

1, Any fingerprints of the thieves taken by the police
2. is the loss regarded by insurance (or by you) as total
3. what did they take under the hood
4. was the driveline and suspension affected
5. are parts available for the interior to make repairs
6. will you rebuild?

Other than the electronics, it looks like they were interested mainly in interior body panels and the like, which I assume are getting harder to find. True? My son had a very similar theft happen to his very nice Chevy 4wd Blazer. His thieves were neater and more ambitious than yours as they took complete doors, all the seats, the entire dashboard, all the interior panels and plastic, and just about everything under the hood, except the engine (they even took the hood.)

Will we see the Steeevo Nissan back in action? Good luck, Steeevo!!!
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

SteeevO
Call Sign: KF6WVM

Post by SteeevO » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:10 am

Hi Dave, I'm glad to answer your questions,

1, Any fingerprints of the thieves taken by the police
No Fingerprints were taken... for some reason.. I wish they would.

2. is the loss regarded by insurance (or by you) as total
I'll know now about insurance today. From the sound of it, the Ham radio and GPS might not be covered. Recovery equipment, etc, will not be covered.

3. what did they take under the hood
1x Odyssey Battery

4. was the driveline and suspension affected
No, it looks ok, but haven't driven it yet.

5. are parts available for the interior to make repairs
I will likely need to search a junk yard.

6. will you rebuild?
Hell Yes.

Voodoo Blue 57
Call Sign: W6PET

Post by Voodoo Blue 57 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:44 pm

I sorry to here about your Pathfinder. At least you got the Pathfinder back and you can rebuid.

You might want to get a list of inland pawn shops and take a road trip and see if your stuff shows up anywhere.
Phil

"Never lost always exploring"

"National parks are the best idea we ever had. Absolutely American, absolutely democratic, they reflect us at our best rather than our worst"
Wallace Stegner

Return to “COMMUNICATIONS GENERAL DISCUSSION”