Questions about Cal4wd

CA4WDC is the largest organization in the US that actively promotes the advancement of vehicle oriented outdoor recreation. Find out more here.
Crismateski
Call Sign: KJ6DZZ

Questions about Cal4wd

Post by Crismateski » Thu May 24, 2012 9:16 am

As requested I am creating a new thread for questions regarding cal 4wd. There are a lot of rumors going around, and I for one have no idea what to believe and what not to believe. If you have any questions please post them here, and hopefully we can get some answers for them. I have very limited knowledge on the subject, but from what I can tell it is a good group that may be getting a bad rap due to some personal issues within cal4wd and some of its associate clubs.
2006 Dodge Power Wagon @BlkWgn
Family Off The Map http://www.familyoffthemap.com
Kilo Juliet Six Delta Zulu Zulu

EMR (Emergency Medical Responder) Certified via San Bernardino County Fire
San Antonio Heights C.E.R.T Founding Member
San Bernardino National Forest OHV Volunteer

DennisDawg
Call Sign: K6DOB

Re: Questions about Cal4wd

Post by DennisDawg » Thu May 24, 2012 8:36 pm

I do not know how honest an answer you’ll get from either or any “side.” The clubs that have and are leaving are not bad folks and have legitimate issues. They are not trying to give CA4WDC a “bad rap” and have mostly been pretty contained in their public mentions of it all.

The drama you have likely already read about is still on going, has not yet ended as you were sort of told in the other thread. A lot of folks might not want to post the “truth” or what they think is true on a public forum but the remaining and then current BOD (and their apparent reps) is prone to painting an all too pretty picture of their end of it, just as I suppose most sides are.

CA4WDC was a great fighter and organization back in the day and might be again after the drama dies down and everything gets squared away again.

On a side note: Before you donate to any cause, and I mean any, ask for the percentage of that donation/membership that will be going to administrative costs, and the percent going to the actual cause. Get that in writing. I have been surprised a few times on that.

Side Question: Did CA4WDC pay to be a sponsor here?
Local Repeaters On Which You Might Find Me (K6DOB):
  • Big Bear K6BB 147.330+ PL: 131.8 - Keller Peak KE6TZG: 146.385+ PL: 146.2 - Sierra Peak KD6DDM 146.610- PL: 103.5

Return to “CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF 4WD CLUBS”