Field Day 2013 Location Possibilities

We will plan our Summer-Fest activities and Amateur Radio Field Day Event here. This the weekend we contest for points on the HF air waves, camp, and wheel.
cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Re: Field Day 2013 Location Possibilities

Post by cruiserlarry » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:38 pm

SteeevO wrote:I'm glad you guys like it!
Can't wait!
We'll start planning out the various stations in another thread soon.
Start thinking about what bands you want to operate on and what antennas we can use.
I'm guessing we'll try to do at least 4 bands, or more depending on the radios we'll have available to us for Field Day this year.

We should have a pretty good start on equipment we need, and I'm sure an equipment wanted / needed thread will be up soon.

From last year, we should have 4 masts, multiple dipole antennas for 15m, 20m, 40m, and 80m...at least 2 Honda Generators, band filters, coax, extension cords, antenna analyzer(s), at least 4 laptops, power supplies, and at least 3 radios so far....but you can never be over-equipped, as we have also learned. So, if you have tables, chairs, pop-ups, laptop computers, HF radios, headphones, generators, ground straps, and anything else we can use as either primary or back-up equipment, get your list together and let us know ASAP ;)
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Post by DaveK » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:20 pm

This years Summer Fest and Field Day should be the best so far. Thanks to everyone for help in finding our new location, especially SteeevO.

With our location finalized, it's time to get ready.
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Sun May 26, 2013 5:16 pm

With all the concerns about the fires in the area, my wife and I went up to the McGill Campground to check out the situation there.

I'm happy to report there are no issues, and that the fires were not close enough to the campground to impact the scenery or the facilities.

For those interested in joining us at Summerfest, but who may not have access to a 4WD vehicle - fear not !!! The roads to the McGill Campground are paved the entire way, including access roads in the camp - so any 2WD or passenger vehicle can make it. This is good news for anyone interested in taking their amateur radio license exam in this spectacularly scenic locale, but who may not be an "off-roader". Sign up, and join us for the event !!!

The McGill Campground is made up of many individual campsites, as well as 2 group campsites (one of which we have reserved for Summerfest). There are plenty of toilets, including handicap-access units, all in like-new condition. There are many fire rings, and several picnic tables, all spread out around the camp.

There is NO WATER AVAILABLE, and there are NO SHOWERS - but otherwise, should be a very comfortable place to hang out with friends for a weekend :mrgreen:

Please remember to sign up for OAUSA Summerfest / Field Day so we know who is coming, and what supplies you are bringing if you are helping out with Field Day activities...and invite your friends and family to join us, too...

Se ya'll on 6/21...
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

Return to “2013 SUMMER FEST / FIELD DAY (JUNE 21-23, 2013)”