2013 BorregoFest Amateur Radio Testing Session

Here is where we'll plan our annual Borrego Fest event. including amateur radio testing, wheeling, camping, and eating in the desert.
DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

2013 BorregoFest Amateur Radio Testing Session

Post by DaveK » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:16 pm

We will be offering an Amateur radio testing session at BorregoFest. You do not have to attend BorregoFest for this test session. You can drive in at the time of the event and test if you like.

Date: Sunday, October 20, 2013
Time: 10:00 AM to Noon
Cost: $15.00
Levels: Tests for all levels of Amateur Radio will be offered.
Location: Campground at Butterfield Ranch RV Resort, 14925 Great Southern Overland Stage Route • Julian, CA 92036. Testing will be offered at the Outdoor Adventure Headquarters, near the banner.

In order to effectively plan for this, we will need to get an idea of how many would like to participate. If you think you will be testing, please post here and we will add your name to the list.

Because we will be testing at the campsite, it will be necessary to review the following recommendations:

Most of our testing sessions will be at remote locations; we may not have the facilities to research or create copies of FCC required documentation. Therefore it is very important to bring the items and documents requested below.

Several days before the test session please go on-line and register for your FCC FRN (FCC Registration Number). The FCC will require either an FRN or Social Security Number in order to process your license application. While we can process your application with your Social Security number, we would prefer not to do so, due to the sensitive nature of those 9 numbers.

It is easy to obtain your FRN is via the FCC website https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do then click on the yellow “Register” button and fill in the requested information.

All License Candidates please bring:

1. A legal photo identification card or 2 of the following Non-photo ID/driver's license; Social Security Card; Birth certificate (must have the appropriate seal); Minor’s work permit, school report card, school ID card or library card; Utility bill, bank statement or other business correspondence that specifically names the person; Postmarked envelope addressed to the person at his or her current mailing address as it appears on the Form 605.

2. Your FCC assigned FRN number or Social Security Number.

3. $15.00 cash for your testing fees. Please provide exact change.

4. A blue or black ink pen and a pencil or two for taking the exams.

If you wish, you may use calculator. If it is a programmable, you must demonstrate that the memories have been cleared.

All License Upgrade Candidates bring the above listed items as well as:

1. If you are currently licensed, bring an original and photocopy of your Amateur Radio license or you may also print out a reference copy from the FCC Universal Licensing Service website. http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSear ... icense.jsp

2. If you have any unexpired (less than 365 days old) Certificates of Successful Completion of an Exam (CSCE) session that you will be using to apply for an upgrade.(this is not likely since code requirement has been eliminated) please bring an Original and a Photocopy of Certificates of Successful Completion of an Exam (CSCE) that you may be using to apply for an upgrade.

There is enough time to prepare to either get that first license or to upgrade. Good luck!!
CANDIDATES:

Technician:
1 Monza
2 Miik

Upgrades:
1 xbox73 G to E
2 Moose Butler G to E
3 Adam Kimmerly G to E
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

xbox73
Call Sign: KI6ENI

Re: 2013 BorregoFest Amateur Radio Testing Session

Post by xbox73 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:02 pm

I'm a maybe for an upgrade from General to Extra, depending on whether I get a chance to look at the material between now & then.

DaveK
Site Admin

Post by DaveK » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:56 pm

xbox73 wrote:I'm a maybe for an upgrade from General to Extra, depending on whether I get a chance to look at the material between now & then.

We'll put you down as a maybe. Good luck studying.
DaveK
K6DTK

moose
Call Sign: KF7ITJ

Post by moose » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:49 am

I plan on taking an upgrade from General to Extra. I wanted to do it at the Summer M&G, but didn't get to study. New to the group. Looking forward to a good time.

Moose Butler, KF7ITJ
Moose Butler, KF7ITJ
Sandy Eggo
"The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys!"

DaveK
Site Admin

Post by DaveK » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:42 am

moose wrote:I plan on taking an upgrade from General to Extra. I wanted to do it at the Summer M&G, but didn't get to study. New to the group. Looking forward to a good time.

Moose Butler, KF7ITJ

Hi Moose

You're all set. Good luck!
DaveK
K6DTK

Monza

Post by Monza » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:47 pm

I would like to take the technicians test.

DaveK
Site Admin

Post by DaveK » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:31 pm

Monza wrote:I would like to take the technicians test.
Monza

You're in. Good luck!
DaveK
K6DTK

AzMiik
Call Sign: KK6HLU

Post by AzMiik » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:53 am

I am looking to take the Tech test. Though I can't find my FRN and the FCC is broke. I will be there to test if I can find the paper work though.

Mike

DaveK
Site Admin

Post by DaveK » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:55 am

AzMiik wrote:I am looking to take the Tech test. Though I can't find my FRN and the FCC is broke. I will be there to test if I can find the paper work though.

Mike

Mike:

You can still test, even without a FRN. I'll send you a PM with the info.
DaveK
K6DTK

tradmonkey
Call Sign: KJ6HOT

Post by tradmonkey » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:18 am

I plan to upgrade from G -> E, although I've got other obligations for Saturday and won't be able to join in on the rest of the fun. Hopefully next year!

Thanks,
Adam Kimmerly - KJ6HOT

Return to “2013 BORREGO FEST (October 18-20, 2013)”