BorregoFest 2013 - Ollie's Last OAUSA SoCal Event

Here is where we'll plan our annual Borrego Fest event. including amateur radio testing, wheeling, camping, and eating in the desert.
OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

BorregoFest 2013 - Ollie's Last OAUSA SoCal Event

Post by OLLIE » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:18 pm

For the past two years I have been involved in developing the Thrust Reverser assembly line for the new narrow body Bombardier CSeries Regional Jet. It actually took its maiden 2.5 hour flight today (9/16/13). It is a competitor for the Boeing 737 and the Airbus A320. Now that this airplane is coming into production and exiting the development stages, the Thrust Reverser assembly line will be transitioned to its permanent home in Foley, Alabama through the end of the year. I have been involved with it since inception and managing it for about 6 months now. The Vice President of the Program has asked me to move with the Thrust Reverser and manage it and the CSeries Inlet assembly line as well in Foley.

This is a huge career opportunity for me and opens up a lot of doors, it was an even larger decision for us to make as a family. The timing is right since our children are currently at the right age for it. Over the next three months I will be doing a lot of travel back and forth managing the relocation of the assembly line. Once the line is fully transitioned, I will my family. Right now, that looks to be in early January after the holidays. We are obviously very nervous about the move but it is an adventure we are looking forward to.

The hardest part of this whole move will be the distance between our family and friends. My son and I have developed a great relationship with all of you and will truly miss our adventures on the "Left Coast". The geography out here is comparable to none. It is the one thing that sickens me about the relocation. California and I have a Love/Hate relationship. I Love the geography but hate the economy and congestion. I hope I can extend our audience of OAUSA to include the area I'm moving to. Only time will tell. I am glad that the last event I am attending is BorregoFest. It is by far our most enjoyable event. I look forward to seeing you all there. I'm sure I'll shed a few tears. :ugeek:
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

BorregoWrangler

Re: BorregoFest 2013 - Ollie's Last OAUSA Event

Post by BorregoWrangler » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:03 pm

You've mentioned this to me already but I'm sure I speak for just about everyone here when i say that you'll be missed! You've contributed to some of my best back country memories that I'll always cherish. Hopefully we can get out again after BorregoFest and before you leave.

I hope for the very best for you and your family as you embark upon this new chapter of your lives.
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

View all my trip reports here at my blog: GrahamCrackers

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:14 pm

Ollie, you have worked very hard for a very long time, and truly deserve the opportunity that has been offered to you. While all of us at OAUSA will miss your physical presence here in So Cal, we all look forward to your contributions from Alabama (once you are settled, of course :lol: ).
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

Chazz Layne
Call Sign: KF7FEN

Post by Chazz Layne » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:26 pm

Congrats Ollie! It's always great to see a long term project move on to the next phase. Looking forward to one last outing (at least for a while) with you next month.
Chazz Laynedotcom

DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Post by DaveK » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:48 pm

Sure gonna miss you here in SoCal, but from where we stand, we don't think the 2013 Borrego Fest will be your last OAUSA event. I see an eager and ready audience for an Alabama branch of OAUSA.

We wish you and your family the very best in your new adventure. Please keep us updated!!!
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

Return to “2013 BORREGO FEST (October 18-20, 2013)”