Removing "OAUSA" from most headings

Topics that have been discussed in the past and closed to further posts are placed in this forum to keep the main forum current and relevant.
gon2srf

Removing "OAUSA" from most headings

Post by gon2srf » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:20 am

Ken,

Can you look into making these changes that Eric has suggested below, they really have merit and will go far in helping new members to navigate our site.

Nice to see you are still dropping in from time to time. I will copy this suggestion into the technical issues thread and see if Ken can look into making some changes. I really think your suggestion will help clean up the menu.
E-train wrote:Not all of the Outdoor Adventure headings would need to be removed.

This one could be, for example:

Fest Event Planning
Meet & Greet Planning
Discussion
Archives
Reports

The descriptions underneath these headings really help with understanding what's inside these sections and of course the main heading above states what the whole section is about.
Image_Image_Image

jeshua

Re: Removing "OAUSA" from most headings

Post by jeshua » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:29 pm

Hi, thought I would stop in and see what was up on this side of the internet. I completely agree with this idea, having OAUSA before every form index is a little over kill. We know what site we are on and I know for me it makes it harder for me to figure out were I am.

It is almost always better to keep things simple.
Because in the end it has almost nothing to do with the bike and everything to do with setting
out to accomplish something that is intimidating, that is unknown to you, something you know you
have a good chance of failing at but doing it anyways and slowly but surely proving yourself wrong.

Mike Ambs - http://www.vimeo.com/250349

http://www.corva.org
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
Thomas Paine

Aequitas - Veritas

OLLIE
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: K6JYB

Post by OLLIE » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:07 pm

We (the BOD) have a meeting planned for next week. We will discuss this at the meeting. Stay tuned... :)
"OLLIE"
(K6JYB)

APRS
K6JYB ("BugEater")
K6JYB-7 (VX-8R)

http://www.facebook.com/FJOllie

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, the Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

CHECK OUT THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE USA AMATEUR RADIO NET:
Every Thursday night at 7:30pm PST

Repeater
146.385+ PL: 146.2 Keller Peak (Echolink Equipped)

gon2srf

Post by gon2srf » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:09 pm

Did this topic make the round table last night?
Image_Image_Image

Return to “Archived Topics”