OAUSA Logo Suggestions

Topics that have been discussed in the past and closed to further posts are placed in this forum to keep the main forum current and relevant.
cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Re: OAUSA Logo Suggestions

Post by cruiserlarry » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:47 pm

It's definitely coming along. I like it much better w/o the tower. Maybe we can add a hiker on the mountain side w/ a handheld - off-roading / camping / hiking...
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

hmfigueroa

Post by hmfigueroa » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:19 pm

oausa7b1.gif
oausa7b1.gif (29.05 KiB) Viewed 3816 times
Looks like we may have a problem with perspective. Ideas. Oh I still have the motor cycle, if we want to add that.

traveltoad
Call Sign: KI6BCA

Post by traveltoad » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:25 pm

hmfigueroa wrote:
oausa7b1.gif
Looks like we may have a problem with perspective. Ideas. Oh I still have the motor cycle, if we want to add that.
For some reason that I cannot put my finger on the inside picture doesn't feel right to me. I like the two rings, the text, the compass rose... just something about the picture.

I will have to ponder it more...
2003 LR Discovery
2007 KTM 950R - gone, not forgotten
2010 KTM 250XCW
2018 Surly Karate Monkey
2016 Foundry Overland

Matchmaker of Homes and People
http://www.aaronshrier.com

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member

Post by cruiserlarry » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:42 pm

traveltoad wrote:
hmfigueroa wrote:
oausa7b1.gif
For some reason that I cannot put my finger on the inside picture doesn't feel right to me. I like the two rings, the text, the compass rose... just something about the picture.

I will have to ponder it more...

I agree - the compass points and icons inside the circle don't flow.... they just look like individual pieces setting in an area. We may need a more "artistic / impressionistic" interpretation of the symbols to fill the space more fluidly...
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

NotAMog
Global Moderator
Call Sign: KD6GCO

Post by NotAMog » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:53 pm

Here is another idea from Dave that I'm partial to :mrgreen:

From the look of the meet and greet pictures it should feature an FJ Cruiser rather than a Pinzgauer.

Note the clever tie to the Air Force and the aircraft industry which is a big part of the Antelope Valley. :D
Bruce Berger
KD6GCO
'72 Pinzgauer 710M 2.6i
'91 Honda ST1100 197,000miles and counting :shock: (I hope to make it to at least half the places this bike has been)
'04 Tacoma / AT FlipPac Camper
'07 Moto Guzzi Norge - Corsa Red - The faster color :mrgreen:

BlueFJ
Call Sign: N6CJW

Post by BlueFJ » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:04 pm

Any way to rotate the compass part a bit so it doesn't look like it's rolled to one side?
-Craig
N6CJW

'07 FJ Voodoo Blue MT6 CQ UR GY
Mods: 3" OME coilover lift, Trail-Gear sliders, All Pro Skids, Bandi Mount,
Midland 75-822 CB, Yaesu FT-8800R, Lowrance XOG, K&N Air Filter, Baja Rack & Ladder, BFG 285/70R17 AT KO

"Show me a 4X4 that's never seen dirt and I'll show you a poser"

hmfigueroa

Post by hmfigueroa » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:32 pm

BlueFJ wrote:Any way to rotate the compass part a bit so it doesn't look like it's rolled to one side?

I considered that but decided that much like your avatar the direct rigid 0,90 positioning did not convey a sense of neither movement nor adventure.
oausa7b2.gif
oausa7b2.gif (17.34 KiB) Viewed 3763 times
I am not opposed to that, I simply do not know where to go. Just about anything is possible, we just need to know what everyones thoughts are. We can move anything anywhere our only issues are trademark or copyrights. If anyone has suggestions we can implement them and put them to the vote. The other issues being complexity for reproduction, cost for reproductions. Those are the concerns that have been raised, and it makes sense to have it convey the soul of the group. But it must not be an undue burden to the group.

BlueFJ
Call Sign: N6CJW

Post by BlueFJ » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:44 pm

I do like it much better with the compass in an upright position. The crooked compass thing was bugging the heck outta me.
-Craig
N6CJW

'07 FJ Voodoo Blue MT6 CQ UR GY
Mods: 3" OME coilover lift, Trail-Gear sliders, All Pro Skids, Bandi Mount,
Midland 75-822 CB, Yaesu FT-8800R, Lowrance XOG, K&N Air Filter, Baja Rack & Ladder, BFG 285/70R17 AT KO

"Show me a 4X4 that's never seen dirt and I'll show you a poser"

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member

Post by cruiserlarry » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:16 pm

The icons are still lost - need much larger truck, tent, and hiker (and I'd lose the motorcycle). The background shouldbe incidental, with the symbols of the different hobbies taking precedence, IMHO. It still seems too busy, too much going on inside the circle...

W6LPB / WPOK492

hmfigueroa

Post by hmfigueroa » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:20 pm

My issue it how do you make the individual icons bigger without making the entire thing too busy, stuff will begin overlapping other stuff. I will do it, and we will see how it comes out.

I guess the compass thing is what seems to gettin the way the most. I will work up those ideas and see what happpens.

Return to “Archived Topics”