OAUSA Logo Suggestions

Topics that have been discussed in the past and closed to further posts are placed in this forum to keep the main forum current and relevant.
big dave

Re: OAUSA Logo Suggestions

Post by big dave » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:22 pm

Im no expert, but cant we go with something like this with bloated cartoony figures? Heres an example close to what i picture in my mind.
Attachments
oausalogo.jpg
oausalogo.jpg (46.09 KiB) Viewed 4512 times
'90 Pathfinder
'99 Expedition

big dave

Post by big dave » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:24 pm

To be honest, im a huge fan of what NotAMog posted.
'90 Pathfinder
'99 Expedition

hmfigueroa

Post by hmfigueroa » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:33 pm

Dave,

That works nicely, well done!

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Post by cruiserlarry » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:03 pm

big dave wrote:Im no expert, but cant we go with something like this with bloated cartoony figures? Heres an example close to what i picture in my mind.
Very nice - that's what I was trying to get across - the exaggerated images look more eye-catching than the smaller, simpler icon style figures. Best one so far, IMO...
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

big dave

Post by big dave » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:09 pm

I dont have the tools and knowledge to make that one from scratch. Its all put together with images i found on the net. From what i understand, in order to have stuff printed (ie, shirts, stickers, etc), the image has to be a certain format and probably quite larger than it is here on the forum. It was just a hack job i did in an hour to share. Maybe Hector can make one from scratch using his tools and experience to make it a reality? :)
'90 Pathfinder
'99 Expedition

hmfigueroa

Post by hmfigueroa » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:46 pm

That was the A-Ha moment.

Sorry I guess I am too literal at times. Like I said at the Meet and Greet, I can do just about anything, But I am not creative in the least.

That is wat we need is good solid ideas.

Cnynrat

Post by Cnynrat » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:32 am

NotAMog wrote:Here is another idea from Dave that I'm partial to :mrgreen:

From the look of the meet and greet pictures it should feature an FJ Cruiser rather than a Pinzgauer.

Note the clever tie to the Air Force and the aircraft industry which is a big part of the Antelope Valley. :D
I like this one also - simple and to the point. Regarding the vehicle, I always think of something that looks like a jeep as being the international icon for an off road vehicle, and I say that as an FJ Cruiser owner.
Dave
N6DCF

BlueFJ
Call Sign: N6CJW

Post by BlueFJ » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:02 am

I like big dave's "cartoony" logo best of all, but notamog's design comes in at a very close second.
-Craig
N6CJW

'07 FJ Voodoo Blue MT6 CQ UR GY
Mods: 3" OME coilover lift, Trail-Gear sliders, All Pro Skids, Bandi Mount,
Midland 75-822 CB, Yaesu FT-8800R, Lowrance XOG, K&N Air Filter, Baja Rack & Ladder, BFG 285/70R17 AT KO

"Show me a 4X4 that's never seen dirt and I'll show you a poser"

NotAMog
Global Moderator
Call Sign: KD6GCO

Post by NotAMog » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:59 pm

It's easy enough to change the vehicle on the logo. I was joking with Dave about working in a Pinzgauer so he did.
Bruce Berger
KD6GCO
'72 Pinzgauer 710M 2.6i
'91 Honda ST1100 197,000miles and counting :shock: (I hope to make it to at least half the places this bike has been)
'04 Tacoma / AT FlipPac Camper
'07 Moto Guzzi Norge - Corsa Red - The faster color :mrgreen:

sdnative

Post by sdnative » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:59 am

sdnative wrote:
NotAMog wrote: Image

OAUSA Logo 1

Wow, that's nice. Very simple, but grabs you. Good job. Only problem I see is that people seeing that may think "oh, another jeep club", even though we're much, much more. Hiking, mountian biking, kayaking, etc.

big dave wrote:To be honest, im a huge fan of what NotAMog posted.
I'm still a fan of this style of logo. IMO, the vehicle type should not be obvious, just that it is an outdoor vehicle. For example, here are some pics of childrens clothes I picked up for my son. It looks like an adventure vehicle, but the type is not obvious (these paticular ones happen to look like land cruisers, that why I bought them :D )

Return to “Archived Topics”