Image Rendering Issues

Topics that have been discussed in the past and closed to further posts are placed in this forum to keep the main forum current and relevant.
User avatar
raYGunn
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:13 pm
Location: OC

Re: Image Rendering Issues

#21

Post by raYGunn » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:29 pm

ki6kui wrote:Hello raYGunn,

I have been reading through all the posts here, but let me summarize what you are reporting as the problem. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
  1. When a large picture has been posted, you are unable to view the entire picture and there are no scrollbars to view the entire picture.
  2. The picture is not automatically resized to fit the space in the post.
In your response, please indicate what browswer and version you are using as well as the board style you are using.

Thanks for your help in making this a better site.
Large pictures may not display entirely, the right side is cropped, if the image is hosted on another server (not OAUSA attached). This is a known bug with phpbb forums reference dealing originally with text also includes images: http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/ticket ... t_id=12155

I have reproduced it in Firefox 2.0 versions, Firefox 3.0 and Safari on Mac and Firefox 3.0 on Windows. IE8 on XP handled the window scale differently and better. All of these browsers were loading the default, blue, theme of the forum here.

My post here includes the bug links and the work arounds other webmasters reported: http://www.oausa.net/forums/viewtopic.p ... t=20#p7628
97 LX450

User avatar
raYGunn
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:13 pm
Location: OC

Re: Image Rendering Issues

#22

Post by raYGunn » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:39 pm

Also, other users reported this issue (before me) so I think you have a range of other users to poll as well. The following users, just from this thread, have also reported seeing this issue.

BlueFJ
gon2srf
sdnative
97 LX450

gon2srf
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:57 am

Re: Image Rendering Issues

#23

Post by gon2srf » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:31 pm

raYGunn wrote:
ki6kui wrote:Hello raYGunn,

I have been reading through all the posts here, but let me summarize what you are reporting as the problem. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
  1. When a large picture has been posted, you are unable to view the entire picture and there are no scrollbars to view the entire picture.
  2. The picture is not automatically resized to fit the space in the post.
In your response, please indicate what browswer and version you are using as well as the board style you are using.

Thanks for your help in making this a better site.
Large pictures may not display entirely, the right side is cropped, if the image is hosted on another server (not OAUSA attached). This is a known bug with phpbb forums reference dealing originally with text also includes images: http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/ticket ... t_id=12155

I have reproduced it in Firefox 2.0 versions, Firefox 3.0 and Safari on Mac and Firefox 3.0 on Windows. IE8 on XP handled the window scale differently and better. All of these browsers were loading the default, blue, theme of the forum here.

My post here includes the bug links and the work arounds other webmasters reported: http://www.oausa.net/forums/viewtopic.p ... t=20#p7628
I tried using IE8 on XP, FireFox 2.0 and MAC with the Softgreen theme (agreed to be supported by Ken :D ) and experienced the same results as Jesse mentioned above.
Image_Image_Image

ki6kui
OAUSA Board Member
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:37 am
Call Sign: KI6KUI
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

Temporary Solution

#24

Post by ki6kui » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:38 am

I have analyzed the problems with the image rendering on OAUSA and SoftGreen styles and have come up with a temporary solution. The images should now be scaled to fit the area on the post. (I have only tested it in IE7).

At least, this will give you a view the entire picture. The ultimate solution will allow you to view the picture unscaled, but I am still working on that.

Let me know if this temporary solution is not allowing you to see the entire picture.

Thanks for your patience in resolving this issue.
Ken_____________________________________________
KI6KUI
GMRS: WQVE723
You can't plow a field by turning it over in your mind.

gon2srf
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:57 am

Re: Temporary Solution

#25

Post by gon2srf » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:27 am

ki6kui wrote:I have analyzed the problems with the image rendering on OAUSA and SoftGreen styles and have come up with a temporary solution. The images should now be scaled to fit the area on the post. (I have only tested it in IE7).

At least, this will give you a view the entire picture. The ultimate solution will allow you to view the picture unscaled, but I am still working on that.

Let me know if this temporary solution is not allowing you to see the entire picture.

Thanks for your patience in resolving this issue.
Ken-
It probably feels like a thankless pursuit but please know there are many of us here who really appreciate what you do for the site. :D :D 8-)
Image_Image_Image

BoBoNel
Posts: 404
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:12 pm
Location: Ramona, CA (in the hills of san diego)

Re: Image Rendering Issues

#26

Post by BoBoNel » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:23 pm

hey there- just some FYI....i've been having the "cant see the entire photo" issue again. for a bit it seemed resolved but all of scotts pics he just posted up are all cut off.
just wanted to let you know and see if theres an update on the fix?
G-4!!!!
Trail Mom

gon2srf
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:57 am

Re: Image Rendering Issues

#27

Post by gon2srf » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:53 pm

BoBoNel wrote:hey there- just some FYI....i've been having the "cant see the entire photo" issue again. for a bit it seemed resolved but all of scotts pics he just posted up are all cut off.
just wanted to let you know and see if theres an update on the fix?
Are you viewing in Softgreen or the OAUSA theme? The pics look fine in the OAUSA, to me that is. :)
Image_Image_Image

ki6kui
OAUSA Board Member
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:37 am
Call Sign: KI6KUI
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

Re: Image Rendering Issues

#28

Post by ki6kui » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:48 am

BoBoNel wrote:hey there- just some FYI....i've been having the "cant see the entire photo" issue again. for a bit it seemed resolved but all of scotts pics he just posted up are all cut off.
just wanted to let you know and see if theres an update on the fix?
I'm having trouble finding the pictures you're referring to. What post is it?
Ken_____________________________________________
KI6KUI
GMRS: WQVE723
You can't plow a field by turning it over in your mind.

gon2srf
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:57 am

Re: Image Rendering Issues

#29

Post by gon2srf » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:05 pm

ki6kui wrote:
BoBoNel wrote:hey there- just some FYI....i've been having the "cant see the entire photo" issue again. for a bit it seemed resolved but all of scotts pics he just posted up are all cut off.
just wanted to let you know and see if theres an update on the fix?
I'm having trouble finding the pictures you're referring to. What post is it?
Pretty sure this is the post she mentioned. The pics are 1024x768
http://www.oausa.net/forums/viewtopic.p ... =908#p8282
Image_Image_Image

ki6kui
OAUSA Board Member
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:37 am
Call Sign: KI6KUI
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

Re: Image Rendering Issues

#30

Post by ki6kui » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:37 pm

OK, I checked that post with OAUSA style and SoftGreen style and there is no difference in the images.
Ken_____________________________________________
KI6KUI
GMRS: WQVE723
You can't plow a field by turning it over in your mind.

Locked

Return to “Archived Topics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest