trying to post avatar pic

Topics that have been discussed in the past and closed to further posts are placed in this forum to keep the main forum current and relevant.
BoBoNel
Posts: 404
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:12 pm
Location: Ramona, CA (in the hills of san diego)

trying to post avatar pic

#1

Post by BoBoNel » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:46 am

i've tried several times....first few times i just thought it was internet....

but i'll click on EDIT AVATAR and get a blank screen and it says its DONE loading page. total blank page.?????
G-4!!!!
Trail Mom

User avatar
BlueFJ
Posts: 794
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:19 pm
Call Sign: N6CJW
Location: Escondido, CA

Re: trying to post avatar pic

#2

Post by BlueFJ » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:15 pm

Bobo, please provide the requested info as mentioned above to help with finding a resolution...

Forum rules

Please research your issue in the existing topics before posting a new topic. When posting a new topic, please be as specific as possible about the issue. Include your operating system and version, browser name and version, and the style you are using on the bulletin board (OAUSA, SoftGreen).
-Craig
N6CJW


'07 FJ Voodoo Blue MT6 CQ UR GY
Mods: 3" OME coilover lift, Trail-Gear sliders, All Pro Skids, Bandi Mount,
Midland 75-822 CB, Yaesu FT-8800R, Lowrance XOG, K&N Air Filter, Baja Rack & Ladder, BFG 285/70R17 AT KO


"Show me a 4X4 that's never seen dirt and I'll show you a poser"

User avatar
big dave
Posts: 339
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 3:51 pm
Location: Norwalk, CA
Contact:

Re: trying to post avatar pic

#3

Post by big dave » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:43 pm

BlueFJ wrote:Bobo, please provide the requested info as mentioned above to help with finding a resolution...

Forum rules

Please research your issue in the existing topics before posting a new topic. When posting a new topic, please be as specific as possible about the issue. Include your operating system and version, browser name and version, and the style you are using on the bulletin board (OAUSA, SoftGreen).
also....put your right hand in, put your right hand out, put your right hand in, and shake it all about...
'90 Pathfinder
'99 Expedition

User avatar
cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Posts: 2770
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:23 pm
Call Sign: W6LPB
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: trying to post avatar pic

#4

Post by cruiserlarry » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:10 pm

big dave wrote:
also....put your right hand in, put your right hand out, put your right hand in, and shake it all about...

That's funny....not helpful, but funny... :lol: :mrgreen:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

User avatar
BorregoWrangler
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 6:53 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (El Cajon)
Contact:

Re: trying to post avatar pic

#5

Post by BorregoWrangler » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:31 pm

BoBoNel wrote:i've tried several times....first few times i just thought it was internet....

but i'll click on EDIT AVATAR and get a blank screen and it says its DONE loading page. total blank page.?????
The same thing happened to me. I'm viewing in 'soft green' but had to go back to the 'oasua' setting to edit my avatar. Then its just a matter of making sure the picture was the right size. I edited mine in my Paint Program to make it small enough. Hope this helps.
-John Graham
1989 YJ & 2000 TJ

View all my trip reports here at my blog: GrahamCrackers

BoBoNel
Posts: 404
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:12 pm
Location: Ramona, CA (in the hills of san diego)

Re: trying to post avatar pic

#6

Post by BoBoNel » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:26 pm

I DID RESEARCH FIRST SO THERE!!!! whattaya think i'm dumb or sumtin?? :)

it has nothing to do with my resolution or avatar size or pixels....etc!!
i'm USING SOFT GREEN AND IE. (which should have nothing to do with what i wrote!)

basically...nothing loads up on my screen when i click on EDIT AVATAR.
on second thought.....forget it...i wont post an avatar on this forum. no biggey. problems stress people out here and i'm not into that.

so lets all smile and fergedaboudit. :)
G-4!!!!
Trail Mom

gon2srf
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:57 am

Re: trying to post avatar pic

#7

Post by gon2srf » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:51 pm

BoBoNel wrote:I DID RESEARCH FIRST SO THERE!!!! whattaya think i'm dumb or sumtin?? :)

it has nothing to do with my resolution or avatar size or pixels....etc!!
i'm USING SOFT GREEN AND IE. (which should have nothing to do with what i wrote!)

basically...nothing loads up on my screen when i click on EDIT AVATAR.
on second thought.....forget it...i wont post an avatar on this forum. no biggey. problems stress people out here and i'm not into that.

so lets all smile and fergedaboudit. :)
We'll find away to fix it Chris.

Can you see everyone else's Avatar? I ask because there is a setting that can be chosen under "user control panel" that can be used to disallow avatars but I don't know if it applies to the user as well as others?. Go to user control panel then edit display and be sure the avatar option is checked yes. I doubt this is the problem but it's worth a try. ;)
Image_Image_Image

gon2srf
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:57 am

Re: trying to post avatar pic

#8

Post by gon2srf » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:01 pm

I found this under FAQ's. Are you trying to post an X rated avatar? :lol: :lol:
How do I show an image below my username?
There are two images that may appear below a username when viewing posts. Depending on the used style, the first may be an image associated with your rank, generally in the form of stars, blocks or dots, indicating how many posts you have made or your status on the board. The second, usually a larger image, is known as an avatar and is generally unique or personal to each user. It is up to the board administrator to enable avatars and to choose the way in which avatars can be made available. If you are unable to use avatars, contact a board administrator and ask them for their reasons.
Image_Image_Image

BoBoNel
Posts: 404
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:12 pm
Location: Ramona, CA (in the hills of san diego)

Re: trying to post avatar pic

#9

Post by BoBoNel » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:27 pm

ha ha ha...thanks scott. nope...no porn avatar. hee hee
i see all avatars and my boxes are checked, my i's are dotted and my t's are crossed.....

thanks but thats OK...i'm not worryin' about it.
G-4!!!!
Trail Mom

ki6kui
OAUSA Board Member
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:37 am
Call Sign: KI6KUI
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

Temporary Solution

#10

Post by ki6kui » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:55 pm

It appears to be a problem with the SoftGreen theme. Change the theme to OAUSA, upload your avatar, then change back to SoftGreen.

I will look into what the problem is with SoftGreen and the avatar upload page.
Ken_____________________________________________
KI6KUI
GMRS: WQVE723
You can't plow a field by turning it over in your mind.

Locked

Return to “Archived Topics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest