Ham Radio Operating - Borrego Fest 2015

Here is where we'll plan our annual Borrego Fest event, including Amateur Radio testing, wheeling, camping, and gourmet dining in the desert.
DaveK
Site Admin
Call Sign: K6DTK

Ham Radio Operating - Borrego Fest 2015

Post by DaveK » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:52 pm

During all three days of Borrego Fest, Hector Figueroa, KE6VRL, will be operating an Amateur Radio "shack" in the desert, in camp. In addition to several HF bands, Hector's set-up will also serve as comms central for all of the runs on Saturday and a 2 meter call-in station on 145.570 simplex.

With a little encouragement, I think we can get Hector to do an APRS demo, a demo on working satellites (the ISS?), and maybe even a little fox hunting. If time permits, I may be able to do a HF email demo.

Thanks Hector!!!
DaveK
K6DTK

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

cruiserlarry
OAUSA Board Member
Call Sign: W6LPB

Re: Ham Radio Operating - Borrego Fest 2015

Post by cruiserlarry » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:48 pm

I'll be bringing VHF/UHF, HF, and APRS station to BorregoFest in case Hector needs any assistance (or a break :lol: )...which I'll be running mostly at night for those who are night owls....

Overall, we will have several types of mobile / portable radios, handheld radios, and antennas on hand for everyone to check out at BorregoFest - so if you have interest in any type of amateur radio communications, and have questions about operating or equipment, there will be folks who can help you :D
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear really bright, until they start talking

W6LPB / WPOK492

Become a DIRTY PARTS FACEBOOK fan !!!

Return to “2015 BORREGO FEST - OCTOBER 9-11, 2015”